RPi tweaks for Audio

Didn't work for me as well even though signed in, as it says this is not the web page you are looking for :)

For some reason the "]?" is also part of the URL at the end - those 2 characters should be removed

Last edited:
I could now after removing the extra characters. By the way any idea if I can use this install on my Roon bridge transport RopieeeXL on 3B+ as I could not find the required info on the site. These are the pre-requisites.

Should work on any SBC running Debian based OS, has been tested on:

• Raspberry Pi (v1) model B
  • Raspberry Pi 2 model B
  • Raspberry Pi 3 model B and B+
  • Allo Sparky
  • ASUS Tinkerboard
  • Odroid C2

I could now after removing the extra characters. By the way any idea if I can use this install on my Roon bridge transport RopieeeXL on 3B+ as I could not find the required info on the site. These are the pre-requisites.

Should work on any SBC running Debian based OS, has been tested on:

• Raspberry Pi (v1) model B
  • Raspberry Pi 2 model B
  • Raspberry Pi 3 model B and B+
  • Allo Sparky
  • ASUS Tinkerboard
  • Odroid C2
Ropieee is ArchLinux based AFAIK so you should go here: https://github.com/dynobot/Arch-Linux-Audio-RPi

Edit: From the author: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/spotify-client-script-for-ropieee/77841

Yenjoy!

Oh, and I peeked into the rabbit hole of getting more out of the RPi for audio and found that there were numerous ways to obtain this and very interesting they were. I backed off quickly because I'm in too many other holes right now - don't need another. So, all you guys who thought that the RPi was already optimal for digital audio OOTB, there is a lot of scope for improvement; although I cannot say this with certainty, having no experience on implementing the tweaks on Linux. But I can say one thing, the same sort of tweaks work very well for bettering audio on Windows so... :p

Last edited:
<snip> I backed off quickly because I'm in too many other holes right now - don't need another. <snip> But I can say one thing, the same sort of tweaks work very well for bettering audio on Windows so...
Thanks for the "heads-up" "Meerkat" Keith!!
Cheers,
Raghu

This looks interesting. @manniraj waiting for your views.
It did something not sure what though :)
Maybe placebo effect or something but its good nothing damaged, but I guess Keith mentioned that as I use the USB out from my Pi with RopieeeXL OS does not help much. Super simple to do just run those 3-4 commands using SSH or Putty or Terminal apps and should be good to go. Best part is there are 3-4 commands if someone wants to revert back. So go ahead and give it a try.

I tried it on my allo usbridge signature, i think it made the sound more crispy clean but thinner, not sure i liked it more or not.

Interestingly, the author saw allo usbrdge as inferior product to rpi for usb output which is very weird. Its so weird how everyone interprets sound. Moral of the story as always is that dont go with reviews and just try and decide.

<snip>but I guess Keith mentioned that as I use the USB out from my Pi with RopieeeXL OS does not help much.<snip>
Not quite. I said that as Ropieee is purposefully built on the OS, the underlying OS is probably already optimized for audio with tweaks already made for non-variables.

For variables like output mode they cannot apply tweaks for a specific output mode (like USB) since they don't know what output mode is going to be used by the user. Hence for Ropieee there is still scope for tweaking left on the table like bumping up priority for a specific output mode and turning off unused output modes. Also, giving higher priority to some specific processes/IRQ's and isolating necessary processes to relatively underutilized cores can/should be tweaked. BUT, folks should do this only if they know what they are doing. I have only very superficial knowledge of Linux so what I'm saying may very well be a load of BS - this "gyaan" was gathered during my peek into the rabbit hole. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back