Rumours 2lp 45rpm set

Mine's a toss up between The Chain and Oh daddy!

Interesting choice. I find much of McVie's songwriting pretty weak. Her best song on this album is Don't stop, which in itself is fairly pedestrian in comparison to the other tracks.

A rare thing to have two faves from the Side B, though - most albums tend to be top-heavy.

Interesting choice. I find much of McVie's songwriting pretty weak. Her best song on this album is Don't stop, which in itself is fairly pedestrian in comparison to the other tracks.

A rare thing to have two faves from the Side B, though - most albums tend to be top-heavy.

Agreed. I personally find "don't stop" to be very cliche ridden.

"Oh daddy" is so very haunting... and dark...

Btw, who do consider a better vovalist between McVie and Nicks?

Yes people! Black Magic Woman was orignally a Mac song, redone by Santana!

I faintly remember something about Mick writing it originally and about him collaborating in some projects with Santana...

Heresy but not much of a Fleetwood fan :eek: but the 45 set should be real special!

edit: I think it was Peter Green... not Mick...

Last edited:
Agreed. I personally find "don't stop" to be very cliche ridden.

"Oh daddy" is so very haunting... and dark...

Btw, who do consider a better vovalist between McVie and Nicks?

Well, McVie has easily the more pleasant voice...Stevie "Goat" Nicks can take a bit of getting used to :lol:

But as a performer I find Christine pretty flat and monotonous...for my money she has never provided anything remotely close to Stevie's hyper-emotional performances on "Silver Springs", "Sara" or "Beautiful child".

Incidentally, what a shame that Silver Springs was not included on the original Rumours LP. It took till 1994's "The Chain" box set for me to discover that gem

Well, McVie has easily the more pleasant voice...Stevie "Goat" Nicks can take a bit of getting used to :lol:

But as a performer I find Christine pretty flat and monotonous...for my money she has never provided anything remotely close to Stevie's hyper-emotional performances on "Silver Springs", "Sara" or "Beautiful child".

Incidentally, what a shame that Silver Springs was not included on the original Rumours LP. It took till 1994's "The Chain" box set for me to discover that gem

Oh man! we are so on the same page!

Funny nobody mentioned the old goat's haunting gold dust woman...incredible song...and never going back again...

heck...even with some simple lyrics the album's loaded with gems...:clapping:

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back