SACD, PCM, DTS-MA, DD-THD and other higher bitrate mediums

Do you mean does anyone have equipment that decodes/plays these formats? I doubt you'll find many people. So far, it looks like there are only a few BDPs that pass DD-THD & DTS-MA as bitstream to a receiver. And there's hardly any affordable receiver that decodes these formats. The Onkyo TR-SX605 seems to be one such receiver with good reviews.

So far, the height of multi-channel audio tracks for us seems to be regular DTS!

I've been into LPCM 5.1 via toshiba HD E1 / HD HTPc coupled with Sony STR-DA5200ES receiver, since launch.

Just upgraded to Onkyo SR875 fed from PS3 / HTPC / Toshiba HD-EP35. EP-35 delivers DTS-MA and rest of the kit streams audio as LPCM

I've been into LPCM 5.1 via toshiba HD E1 / HD HTPc coupled with Sony STR-DA5200ES receiver, since launch.

Just upgraded to Onkyo SR875 fed from PS3 / HTPC / Toshiba HD-EP35. EP-35 delivers DTS-MA and rest of the kit streams audio as LPCM

I use the 875 too...

I was asking around to see if we have some nuts who go after SACD music or DVD audio. These formats will be dead with the arrival of the new HD formats I suppose. I still kinda like the SACD sound. Just cant beat the Brothers in Arms in Multichannel !

regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back