saga of my dream speaker Legendary JBL L300

Sir,

Just forgot to mention, its brilliant efforts and they way you taken interest in building in perfect shape and finish, I fallen in Love :)

Anybody who has trucks of Money could Just place request to Kenrick sound to Build and say at Couch. But you taken much efforts in planning, Resourcing and engaging people to make your dream true on top of you are not in Indian to manage the arrangements easily. I am sure you should have many sleepless Nights thinking about the Speakers :)

We Need an Video to atleast virtually feel the sweetness of these beauties,

hhh, actually kenrick sound make me to inspire this project, but ordering from them need lots of money and that i cant afford,then buying the complete set is very expensive. a complete restored ,original pair going in eBay costing about$6000-7000 and shipping will be another $2000 for my place in Oman, so i took the plunge to DIY the L300, from the knowledge acquired from Lansing forum and audio karma.
when i show this drawing with slope and the radius cut , no one willing to take the project, then i requested one shop owner to give his tools and place in the evening to work on chargeable basis.he agreed and given them for me,i worked in the evenings in the shop for all the important cuts.i am not in India due to job requirement,but all the electronics are purchased from eBay USA and they ship to Oman with ease,and locally i found some painting and carpenter shops run by our Indians,Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are good with nice skills.
but the result is awesome.
thanks for your supporting words.

STUNNING:- Planning, Effort, Dedication with Finest Materials gave Birth to this Gem and finally, it had been appeared in front of the Crowd. I Don't thing: it is possible to many, who want to make like these for their own. You really spent your Holy times. You are really Blessed AND finally, you really made many enthusiasts as sleepless! Best Wishes.
-Sunder

Last edited:
thanks sunder i am very happy for the encouragement from the forum.
i learned a lot from this forum from a lot of knowledgeable persons.just i implemented it.

Congratulations Krell, really commendable effort . I had dreams of putting together a Tannoy RHR speaker several times but did not have the same perseverance as you do so appreciate it All the more !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Krell - Two things which i really liked was the wood veneer finish and the blue grey powder coating on the front .That grey blue colour is something very JBL. I dont know what it is about JBL. I know there are other great speaker companies - Snell, Rogers, Wilson Audio, Magnepan, Martin Logan,ATC,Focal but what I like about JBL is that blue colour and those monstrously big drivers ... and horns in the bigger ones.. your two summits sitting there dont have to prove anything.. just looking at them one knows they will sound good.. the closest i like are ATCs ... but not as much as JBL...

I do not own a home theatre yet and joined this forum last night to learn about receivers and speakers so that I can set up a good HT at home soon .. My journey was just starting when I saw this thread and the juggernaut effort/speakers .. I believe i have attained salvation!!!!

Thanks mates,i am forgetting all my hard work just by reading ur comments,the sound frm jbls are bonus

Sir, We are waiting for the Video 1- Journey of JBL Build (just adding the photos to the Video with some lables) and Video 2. What they are capable of :)

Sorry my friends for delaying the video,will do quickly pls excuse,yescthey r singing amazing.i am in heaven spending most of the time with them,my wife getting angry,,,,,,,may be need to buy some gold to please her....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back