Samsung 40" 1080p TV LN40D550 connect to laptop

Ken

I purchased a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD TV (LN40D550) at future shop yesterday. Everything works great, except when I hook up a laptop to the TV through a SVGA cable. The laptop screen appears on the TV, but there is a strong pink colour which makes it hard to see. Tried a different laptop and a different SVGA cable, but pink problem still exists.

Any ideas? Thank you.

I will recommend you to use HDMI cable instead of SVGA !! Afterall you have a LCD TV.
SVGA might be giving this 'pink' issue because it would have been having difficulty in capturing full resolution of the LCD TV.
Via HDMI, there are 3 dispaly settings generally: 720p, 768p and 1080p. Might be that SVGA was not even able to handle 720p. Might be because of lesser resolution than 720p is causing this issue on your Full HD TV.

I purchased a Samsung 40" 1080p LCD TV (LN40D550) at future shop yesterday. Everything works great, except when I hook up a laptop to the TV through a SVGA cable. The laptop screen appears on the TV, but there is a strong pink colour which makes it hard to see. Tried a different laptop and a different SVGA cable, but pink problem still exists.

Any ideas? Thank you.
That's because of mismatch in color space.
If there is a setting in your TV to change it, then use that.
The setting would say something like...
Color Settings or Input Color Format --> RGB, YPbPr
Try changing between them and you will get perfect picture.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back