Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

I just bought this and am a happy customer. But the audio output level leaves much to be desired, which was expected. Now to figure out if I should go for a 2.1 or a sound-bar setup, with the ~5K I have left to spend. :indifferent14:

I just purchased thus from Reliance Digital, Phoenix Mall, Chennai. INR 38,750 with 1+1 warranty, Samsung basic mobile & an airtel DTH voucher. Delivery expected tomorrow.

Just bought it today, installed too.
Have not yet done the initial recommended settings; watching SD channels.
Initial reactions: entire cabinet is happy :)

Service team is quoting 59xx/- for 3 year AMC!
Recent purchasers - please share the extended warranty costs... seems like it has increased in the last month or so...

i'm planing to buy the 43h4500 plasma tv and the only last hesitation concern dimmed whites.

Are you guys bothered with very whites scenes like snow natures or hockey, are you avoiding such scenes or they remain watchable, perhaps with appriopriate setting ?

i'm not planning to watch hockey or something like this, but very whites scenes can occur in movies, documentary, tv show or anything else, so i don't wont be bothered every time they occur.

i have finaly bought the 43h4500 today and i was realy pleased by the plasma picture quality :
the colors are good and naturals, the picture has a good depth and the motion is very good and comparable to crt blurring free. Brightness is very suffisent while there isn't a lot of natural sun light.

The dimmed whites are only problem with some adverstings or with every picture where big amount of true white is needed to be displayed, whith snow nature or sports and sports like basketball there isn't any problem or abl is imepercetible.

The big problem is that black level are realy poor, blacks with light off or on dimmed room looks like grey and are comparable to average lcd ( average or poor VA ).
It's really strange since the 43h4500 and 43h4900 are supposed to have very goods blacks like the 43f4500 or 43f4900 of last year.

I have checked hour usage in service menu and it was 2 hours exactly after 2 hour of usage in my home, so my tv was never used before purchase.

So, i would to know if the H plasma serie don't handle blacks well like F serie or it's my TV that has a problem (bad panel perhaps) ? do you advice me to replace it by the f4500 still available in my city?

Last edited:
I have checked the panel version from the service menu and it's was:
43Hccc
The version on the rear of the TV is :
PA43H4500A
version:DS01

Can someone check the panel version from the rear of the television or service menu please even for the h4900, it will be very helpfull.
I don't know if different panel version are used for samsung plasma and if there is some bad panel that explain bad blacks but i wont to be sure.

thank's

Last edited:
Re: samsung 43H4500 problem

This is some photos taken by my xperia ray phone camera.
I have chosen camera capture setting to get the best correspondence result to what i can see in reality with my eyes:

oFRml6W.jpg

8BPNcD2.jpg

OZjphWf.jpg

As you can see in the first picture who is mostly black and darkest possible picture, blacks in this generic film look clearer than the black bezels of the tv ( it's more obvious in reality than this photo).
I would to know if these blacks are normal or too low for you ?
P.S: Firmware on tv is 1018 , firmware in samsung site is 1019 but tv can't detect it or refuse to install it from the usb key.

Try doing the following steps
1. First check if there is any setting to control the black level, I do not have a samsung but can guess from the other TVs that we have
2. If the above is not applicable, go to picture settings and try reducing the brightness of the picture. Note that reducing the brightness though might also reduce the details in the darker portions of the picture so just play around a bit

thanks for the response
i have tried all settings and nothing changed, i have bought the H4500 because they are supposed having very good blacks, not perfect blacks like CRT or some Panasonic plasma tv but they should be good enough, but they are very average on my plasma tv.

This is my first plasma TV , so i don't know if the 43H4500 isn't a good model for black handling (perhaps there is different panel used through different areas or towns) or it's concern only my tv ?

43H4900: Can anyone comment on 3D viewing on this tv, i.e do you feel headache or flickering while watching 3D movie.

While comparing Plasma Vs LED TVs, only dark scenes found to be better in plasma but openlight/bright light scenes look same. I compared side by side 43H4900 Vs LG LED - LB5820 on a tamil hd movie 1080pX720p.
But somehow I feel, LG LED renders picture lively.!!

- Sunil

Re: Samsung 43H4500 Plasma problem

I'm still disapointed since the showed black remind me the sony 32cx520 i had, this sony had only 1500:1 natif contrast ratio (value from panellook ) and it's black are exactly like my 43h4500 plasma.

I have made a picture to simulate how i perceive blacks on a completly dark room :
can you please tell me if it's the black that you get with your h4900 or f4900

CBGO3nx.png

Since i'm not getting many response i will ask the last question

Can some H4500/H4900 F4500/F4900 owners tell me which Tv version they bought.
The version is on the sticke on the box
mine is : SD01.
And the model is PA43H4500A
thanks

LG PN4500 does not support PS3. Thats what company told me and that results in no image or snow all over with flickers.

I wanna samsung h4900. Can I find it now in Delhi?

My TV now started producing cracking sound. Unfortunately i didn't get extended warranty. Please can someone knows repairing cost. I am thinking to get soundbar if repairing cost is much higher.

Hi, you are lucky since it concerns the sound and not the screen. Better get a quote from Samsung first then decide if it's too costly. It may be just the speaker cone, which might a simple and cheap fix.

Sent from my CP8676_I02 using Tapatalk

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back