Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

Its only the Wifi, i guess. I was confused about the 600hz subfield refresh thing being absent in h4900. But according to a customer care representative, h4900 has it.

I bought this plasma yersterday from Vijay Sales for 38.5K. I asked to deliver Tv on thursday on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. I asked sales person about extended warrenty and extra pair of glasses. He asked to get it from Samsung technician when he will come for demo.

I bought this plasma yersterday from Vijay Sales for 38.5K. I asked to deliver Tv on thursday on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. I asked sales person about extended warrenty and extra pair of glasses. He asked to get it from Samsung technician when he will come for demo.

Details about your tv's performance.. :cool:

Guys I am facing problem with audio. I am not getting any audio from TV when i tried to play through STB. checked audio cables but i dont think there is any problem with STB.

I am not getting 3D effect when I played 3D MKV files through Himedia 900b.
These rips are of 10-15gb in size. I am getting SBS version when i switch to 3D on TV. How can i full 3D image on TV.

Guys I am facing problem with audio. I am not getting any audio from TV when i tried to play through STB. checked audio cables but i dont think there is any problem with STB.

Plz, how do you find this tv on 2d displaying :
- Is SD good enough and are you experiencing step stair on SD or HD ?
- Are blacks good on a dark room and with dark scene ?
- is brightness good enough with some light ?
- is motion fluidity good enough ?

Plz, how do you find this tv on 2d displaying :
- Is SD good enough and are you experiencing step stair on SD or HD ?
- Are blacks good on a dark room and with dark scene ?
- is brightness good enough with some light ?
- is motion fluidity good enough ?
2D is great
- SD looks good in comparison to any LED. it is 1024x768 panel , so scaling of SD source is less compared to full hd. as a result nearly similar pq as CRT tvs.

-black level is satisfactory in dark room with all processing option turned off. turning these on can give you better result but i like while these are off.

- with tube light on in a 10x12 room, the tv looks bright enough with vivid colour and contrast - in standard mode (90 contast, 15 cell light, 50 brightness)

- motion fluidity....hmmm...this is where i paused because it depends if you can perceive the lag. Tv watching/ripped movies looks a touch jerky. but with Blurays/DVDs everything is airy smooth.

My 15days observation is if the source is good quality, whether SD or HD, picture is stunning in this TV. And I bet it looks damn good compared to any LEDs in similar price point.

2D is great
- SD looks good in comparison to any LED. it is 1024x768 panel , so scaling of SD source is less compared to full hd. as a result nearly similar pq as CRT tvs.

-black level is satisfactory in dark room with all processing option turned off. turning these on can give you better result but i like while these are off.

- with tube light on in a 10x12 room, the tv looks bright enough with vivid colour and contrast - in standard mode (90 contast, 15 cell light, 50 brightness)

- motion fluidity....hmmm...this is where i paused because it depends if you can perceive the lag. Tv watching/ripped movies looks a touch jerky. but with Blurays/DVDs everything is airy smooth.

My 15days observation is if the source is good quality, whether SD or HD, picture is stunning in this TV. And I bet it looks damn good compared to any LEDs in similar price point.

Did you test any 3d sbs files/movies via tv-usb ?

Hi guys,
My 7 year old LCD has run its course. I am in the market for a 40 incher. Decided on Panasonic 40B6 for 42k at Reliance digital. Then wandered around and looked at Samsung plasma 43H4900. Found it to be excellent. Now in a dilemma, whether to go with LED or Plasma.
The plasma is not full HD. I watch HD sport and movie channels. Will this be a hindrance?
Are there Image Retention issues with the latest plasmas. The store technician says no, but I am vary.
Kindly advice LED or PLASMA

I haven't experienced any IR after 20 days of viewing. And I am handling it quite carelessly to check its limit. NO IR till date.

I did have same need -Movies, Occasional Sports. AND Plasma is best for these things. I had lots of Blurays and I dont find any problem with 720p panel limit. Of course Blurays shines best on Full HD but Plasma Full HD panels are minimum 60k(LG) and + (Samsung)

So for 40k, H4900 is bang for buck.

I am sure any HD sports channel available in DTH will look perfect in this 720p panel. And if you watch movies DLed from Internet or Ripped, I think H4900 will give you best result. :)

some buyers in their opinions said they was annoyed with the Full hd looking on the f4900 in comparison with an full hd lcd.

so i'm interested to know how full hd (1080 i and 1080 p) content looks since I have only saw sd contents on a 43f4900 , does full hd looks okay and is their a big difference between an full hd lcd and 720 p plasma ?

that's a important criteria cause i have a considerable FULL HD 1080i channels received via satellite.

Hi guys,
My 7 year old LCD has run its course. I am in the market for a 40 incher. Decided on Panasonic 40B6 for 42k at Reliance digital. Then wandered around and looked at Samsung plasma 43H4900. Found it to be excellent. Now in a dilemma, whether to go with LED or Plasma.
The plasma is not full HD. I watch HD sport and movie channels. Will this be a hindrance?
Are there Image Retention issues with the latest plasmas. The store technician says no, but I am vary.
Kindly advice LED or PLASMA

This is a VFM model, however if this is your first plasma, ensure that your room is not too bright.

Specially no lights should be opposite the plasma if your room size is small. If yes, do consider LED.

I love plasma PQ, however, basic models are not recommended for bright rooms. Do spend some time in showroom and see.

H5100 is awesome model from Samsung though may have motion issues.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back