Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

It's definitely a very good deal, go for it.

1. 3D on it is Active so you'll definitely enjoy that although it might be strainful after sometime. Pop-out effects are much better than the Passive 3D.
2. 100% suitable for SD/HD TV watching and movies too.
3. Need a curtain to cover the window fully during daytime. Plasmas are glass panels and they're reflective so it will affect your TV viewing if not taken care of the light.
4. Paying 3.1K for 3-years extended warranty will be the best deal for this model :)

Hi,
Pls let me know hows this tv going for u guys. abt SD PQ,HD PQ ,3D PQ,.. Worth spending money?? Will appreciate owners response.. Thnxx

Hi guys,
I went to this showroom in Delhi in Nehru Place where this tv was put up for display and I went specifically because I wanted to buy this tv from Flipkart and also I read the reviews here so I wanted to check it out for myself... I must say I was a bit.. disappointed. The picture quality was decent and it was MUCH darker than even the most basic LEDs over there. I asked the salesman to increase the brightness to 100 and it barely touched the other LEDs over there which were at only 50% brightness. But I understand that plasmas are less brighter than LED but wow.. such a stark difference?

But what disappointed me the most was the resolution.. I was taken aback at how un-sharp(by unsharp I mean tearing pixels) it was... I understand it was HD ready but... my oh my. All tvs were on Star World HD and the 'W' in "world" was jagged (rendering thin lines is a good show of resolution). Like properly. The LED's had no problem, most of them rendered the straightness of the W almost perfectly. There were 3 Samsung models, one was this and the other 2 were a cheaper Samsung plasma (43 inch)and a bigger Samsung plasma (51 inch) all HD models. All of them less brighter and the resolution was just making it look sad. I really want to believe what I saw was because of bad signal reception but I stood there for nearly half an hour trying to convince myself but I only found downfalls with the resolution and I was standing a good 7-8 feet away.
I own a 24 inch LED from Acer which is FHD. I want to upgrade from it to something better... I was under the impression that Plasma's are way better than LEDs but after this incident...I don't know. Owners of this TV.. what do you say?
Does any one know of an FHD Plasma within 45k?
I want to game on my xbox and watch HD tv. I already have the connection.

Sorry but I am an enthusiast when it comes to electronics.

Last edited:
I have Panasonic .they are excellent in night watch. Don't worry colours get natural in night

brought from Mahavir Electronics and Furniture bibwewadi.

I got a quote of Rs 38.8K from Jumbo Electronics for 43F4900 and Rs 42K for 43H4900. Which model is good in terms of PQ. I got a demo of 43F4900 with 3D content but it was not clear with naked eyes although 3D looks good.

3D content won't look good on naked eyes with the pictures overlapping. You'll need 3D glasses to see that clearly.

F4900 is the 2013 model which lacks the cricket mode (i guess), otherwise its all the same as H4900 (2014 model). Go for either one which suits ur budget.

Both the plasmas are really VFM....I own 43H4900....SD viewing is good on this. HD & 3D are awesome as the colour reproduction on plasma is damn natural. Also it can play almost every possible media format and can detect external HDD although its written on the manual that it doesn't support the same.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back