Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

Yeah, SD has been a revelation in this TV. May be due to the 720p resolution.
I did some initial calibration using the Avs Calibration disc.
Below are my settings.
Picture mode : movie
Cell light : 15
Contrast : 90
Brightness : 46
Color : 50
Sharpness : 20 (SD) 16 (HD)
Tint : g50/r50
Picture size : screen fit

Picture options
Color tone : warm 2
Black optimiser : dark room

Advance settings
Color space : auto
Gamma : 0
Flesh tone : 0
Everything else off

White balance - 2p
R offset : +5
G offset : -6
B offset : -6
R gain : -13
G gain : - 11
B gain : +11

Guyz....I bought the same TV yesterday for 42.9k delivery n installation will done today....I had Siti Digital Cable SD version for my CRT....Now I opted for their HD service for a mere 350/- p.m. with all SD channels and 9 HD channels.

Congrats on your purchase !!

Now, remember to run the break-in slides and stuff so you get more vivid colors and less chance of image retention or burn-in.

Congrats on your purchase !!

Now, remember to run the break-in slides and stuff so you get more vivid colors and less chance of image retention or burn-in.

Kindly provide me the link for break-in slides if there any......!! Also please mention the picture settings to be used in the 1st 100 Hrs..

Guyz installation is done.......both SD and HD looks awesome......!!!

Below are my settings -

Picture mode : movie
Cell light : 8 (Cable & HD movies) 9 (3D movies)
Contrast : 65 (Cable & HD movies) 70 (3D movies)
Brightness : 50
Color : 50
Sharpness : 5
Tint : g50/r50
Picture size : screen fit

Picture options
Color tone : warm 2
Black optimiser : dark room

Advance settings
Color space : auto
Gamma : 0
Flesh tone : 0
Everything else off

White balance - No change

3D viewing is just awesome....I must say its way better than passive 3D in LG LEDs

Watching 3D on Active is way better than on passive. It's more stressful on our eyes but it's fantastic. When I had the plasma, I loved active 3D but now on my passive LED, I don't feel like seeing one. I miss plasma.

Anyways, keep the settings little bit lower for the first 200hrs. Brightness to 35-40, Contrast to 50 and color to 40. Color tone Cool or Warm 1. After you've completed aging the phosphor :) go for higher settings. For now, when you watch movies or 3D that doesn't have fixed logo or such, push the settings to high.

Changed the picture settings for Cable viewing as u said anubisX
My avg viewing will be 70% Cable & 30% Movies (HD & 3D) for an avg of 6-7 hrs per day.
But really missing a sound bar for watching movies, will get it soon.......

He's asking 2250/- for 4 or each ?

About the Philips DSP470U Soundbar, I saw that too but the price for the soundbar and sub seems too low. I'm not sure about it's quality. Demo both the Philips and F&D and then decide.

Last edited:
he's quoting for 2 only....
Haven't seen F&D soundbar in any multibrand shop so demo can't be possible I guess....Demo for the Philips one can be possible I guess...

Then demo the Philips one. You can find the F&D soundbar in Chandni Chowk.

I think the price for the 3D eyewear is just right. I have the Panasonic 3D eyewear lying around since they replaced my plasma with the LED.

hi friends,

I am also planning to buy this TV
dealer quoted the price 42.9 k with airtel dth and with 14 months finance, is it a good deal?

Also want to ask some questions to owners
1. how is the 3d effect in this tv especially pop out
2. I will watch 80% dth channels and 20% 2d/3d movies on weekend's, is it suitable for plasma?
3. my living room have a 6 feet big window which will be on left side of TV tobe placed, will it attract reflections?
4. should I go for extended warranty? by paying Rs. 3100 for 3 years

@Swapnil

Its a very good Plasma at this price range and yes u r getting a good deal as I got the same deal here in Kolkata...3D effect is much better as compared to passive 3D in LG LEDs....SD channels in this plasma are much better as compared to other 42" full HD TVs may b bcoz of its resolution...Reflection is an issue with this TV so use heavy curtains while watching in daytime....Go for the extended warranty its much needed.....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back