Samsung BD c5500 Region Unlock tutorial

RetinalNV

These steps will only allow unlocking of DVD region.

Currently the method to unlock Blue-ray needs a hardware modification and I will not comment on this.

Steps to unlock Region 5(India) to No Region :

1. Unplug USB media / Remove Disc

2. Re-start player

3. Once menu page appears and player has finished booting, EJECT tray, then close.

4. After the player displays the "No Disk" logo

• Press the REPEAT button (on remote)
  • Input 5 3 8 1 4 (on remote)
  • Region code "5" should be displayed on the top left hand corner.
  • Input "9" to make the player region free.

5. Restart player.

REPEAT key is part of the code. So REPEAT key
+ 5 3 8 1 4 must be entered sequentially

I succeeded on my first attempt, happy viewing :clapping:

Addendum :
Same unlock procedure applies for Samsung BD-C5500, BD-C6500 & BD-C6900

Last edited:
The same works for BD C6900 Samsung 3d Bluray Player as well.

I have it and unlocked it with the same procedure.

Has anyone successfully unlocked Samsung BD-C6500?
If yes, will there be any challenges with subsequent firmware upgrades?

C6500 is not yet available in India though.. but considering getting it from US. Instructions for US region player are similar to the ones mentioned in this thread except but for the region code to be keyed in during the process
Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: region free ?

But I would like to ensure that C6500 can actually be unlocked(ofcourse for DVDs), before I make a purchase from US.

Thanks in advance.

Rajat60 - I found this on the net you can try this out
This is the same Hack as the BD-C6900, so all the credit and thanks goes to phil
1. Ensure that there is no disk in the tray.
2. Switch the player off and then back on. This is necessary to clean-boot the firmware.
3. Wait until the main menu page appears and the player stops doing anything.
4. Press the eject button to open the tray. (The button is between the "Power" and "TV Power" buttons at the top of the controller.)
5. Press the eject button to close the tray.
6. Wait while the player searches for a disk.
7. As soon as the "No Disk" message appears at the top left corner do the following.
8. Press the REPEAT button just above the TV channel selector at the bottom right of the controller.
9. Enter 57538 on the number pad.
10. The region code "2" should appear at the top left corner of the screen.(this just flashed on then off, so keep an eye on the screen)
11. Enter a "9" to make the player region free.
12. Power down and power up again.
13. Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.

I found if i messed it up the first time, i could just re-enter the code without starting from the beginning.
Firstly, you must start entering the code just after the "No Disk" message is shown and before the message disappears.
Secondly, the REPEAT key is part of the code. All six keys must be entered smoothly as "REPEAT 57538". The entry gets timed out so you can't stop in the middle and restart. Don't bash away like crazy, just do it smoothly and briskly.
If you don't see the "4" the first time, don't worry. Just repeat the process. It took me about a dozen tries before I got it to work.

hi,
i could not get it to work on the BD C 6900. the No Disk sign remains for a long time and nothing happens on entering the code..
thanks!

The same works for BD C6900 Samsung 3d Bluray Player as well.

I have it and unlocked it with the same procedure.

Try the following and it 100% works, if unsuccessful repeat it again, till u get it right

let me know how it went? :)

- power off player
- power on the player
- as soons as menu appears type following, as per ur existing region code

ex: "REPEAT" button followed by digits "5" "3" "8" "1" "4" (for indian players)

(type fast without too much delay between key presses)

all region codes are as follows

1 2 9 3 3 4
2 5 7 5 3 8
3 5 6 7 3 2
4 7 6 8 8 4
5 5 3 8 1 4
6 2 4 4 6 2

- a code will appear TOP LEFT of screen.
- Press 9 to make it all region DVD.
- Open and close the tray
- Power down and power up again.
- Play a foreign DVD to verify the change.

I just cleverly managed to change my region to 7 and it now won't play any dvd's. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have a BD C5500, bought it in Portugal, and it was set to region free and all good using the hack you mentioned. But I had to have it repaired, and they upgraded the firmware (without asking me), and now I can't seem to unhack it...any word on if the latest firmware (1024) has plugged up the hack?

I have literally spent hours trying to get this to work...HELP!

@ all the people above

This trick is awesome! I could unlock my SAMSUNG BD 5300 also and watched two movies back to back yesterday night!

Thanks a lot guys! :)

Blu-ray players from USA cannot play PAL. I think that is the resaon we cant use this method to unlock the player. This method will work on players from Europe and Australia

Blu-ray players from USA cannot play PAL. I think that is the resaon we cant use this method to unlock the player. This method will work on players from Europe and Australia

I own a region A BD-C6500 and it can play Blu-Ray PAL content no problem. I have several U.K. Blu-Rays with trailers and special features in standard definition PAL that work just fine. I would think it would be able to play DVD PAL content as well? Having said that, I am having no luck with any of the suggested procedures. :sad:

Could someone help me crack the DVD region free code for the Samsung BD F6500 ?

These codes dont work for the F series?

Thank you

I dont mind paying something for help.

Hi,

I was successful in unlocking the blu ray player for DVDs. However, I have two Blu rays from Region B. Is there any way I can play these on the blu ray player? Any hacks available for this? I am unable to find any relevant content for making the player region free for blu rays.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back