samsung c630 or sony ex400

ka_rajesh05

Hi,

i am planning to buy a LCD tv of 32'inch for this diwali.
i have shortlisted these two LCDs.

1. samsung c630
2. sony ex400

samsung c630 costs around ~41K
and sony ex400 costs 38K

could you please suggest which one i should go for ? which one has a better picture quality ?

what about the reliability/durability of these LCDs ?
what kind of panel does these LCDs use ? the main site doesnt mention the type of panel the lcd uses.

also, which one of these is better when it comes to user control ( the User-interface (UI) settings )

could you also provide me with some links which would give more insight into these LCDs, if any ?

currently, the source is cable-tv ( i might update this to Tata Sky some day)
i am looking for the following attributes - based on priority

1. Picture quality.
2. reliability (the lcd should last long - shouldnt produce problems like "patches" early on)
3. sound quality.

optional -
should play divx, avi, mp4, mkv files ( i understand that only samsung has this feature)

thanks,

Hi dude!

Even I have been stuck with the same quandry over the past few weeks.
I had also considered the sammy c530.
Aftr a lot of deliberations I have decided to go in for the sammy c630.
The main reasons for this are:
1. Ive heard a lot of horror stories about the sony reliability and after sales service.
2. I can personally vouch for the sammy service as i have bn using sammy products all my life.
3. Sammy can play most formats.
4. Chose c630 over c530 only aftr viewing them side by side and noticing a subsbtantial difference in PQ esp frm shorter distances.

The best price Im getting getting for c630 in mumbai is 42000.
If You have any other leads them plz inform.

Hope this helps!

man u only compared sammy products side by side...i was also a fan of sammy products but when i compared sammy,sony,panasonic and lg side by side it was horrifying...sammy was not upto the mark...panasonic had the best PQ,lg was okay..an sony was overall satisfying...so now i changed my mind n gng to get SONY 32"EX500 @46K(INR)

Now i cant xplain u guyz the difference...plzz if u get the chance compare these products side by side..there u can easily see watz the PQ difference,how motion flow matters,etc

CHEERS!!

The pansonic models have a better pq, agreed but then usb support was an issue.
LG has usb support but then it does not support many formats like mkv, mp4 etc. So i had to drop it as majority of my movie collection is in mkv.
There is also an irritating problem in lg when you enable subtitles. Came to knw of this frm senior forum members. Havnt checked it out for myself though.
Dropped sony coz of reliability issues discussed in many threads and coz of the price to some extent.(dt wanna go for a grey market one)

Hi
Myself Own a Sony 32 inch Full Hd LCD. Bought last Pujas.
Pros: Sony has great Picture quality. Colours are very rich and deep. Specially Reds and Blues.
Cons: Many Many
Sony is overpriced. Lot of features otherwise available in an other LCD Tv for Rs 40000/- are missing in Sony. They don not even have a decent USB port( only for pic viewing)
Very poor after sales service . Even off-the-street China products has better after sales service. It will take almost a month to get a problem resolved ( Myself faced this)
Sony is a product for very delicate users. If you are going to use lot of inputs , play it for long hours , your TV is not going to last more than a year ( maybe go bust just after the warranty period )
Conclusion. IMHO this better PQ/Worse PQ will eventually become a psycological issue. This is only good for comparisons but later you wont feel any difference. But the differenence you will definitely feel is the missing features in Sony and your missing papers in your wallet.
Thats my 2 cents

Hi

Very poor after sales service . Even off-the-street China products has better after sales service. It will take almost a month to get a problem resolved ( Myself faced this)
Sony is a product for very delicate users. If you are going to use lot of inputs , play it for long hours , your TV is not going to last more than a year ( maybe go bust just after the warranty period )
I strongly disagree,you can google issues with every single tv.You can hear issues even in this forum from all top brands.I have a lcd many years old.My friend has a lcd thats more then 3 years old.Have played for hrs.The tv runs 6 hrs a day,with 4 hrs continuous.
I have no idea how using all inputs play a role in tvs life and I have no idea how Sony product is for delicate users? care to explain.

man u only compared sammy products side by side...i was also a fan of sammy products but when i compared sammy,sony,panasonic and lg side by side it was horrifying...sammy was not upto the mark...panasonic had the best PQ,lg was okay..an sony was overall satisfying...so now i changed my mind n gng to get SONY 32"EX500 @46K(INR)

Now i cant xplain u guyz the difference...plzz if u get the chance compare these products side by side..there u can easily see watz the PQ difference,how motion flow matters,etc

CHEERS!!

LG has usb support but then it does not support many formats like mkv, mp4 etc. So i had to drop it as majority of my movie collection is in mkv.
There is also an irritating problem in lg when you enable subtitles. Came to knw of this frm senior forum members. Havnt checked it out for myself though.
Dropped sony coz of reliability issues discussed in many threads and coz of the price to some extent.(dt wanna go for a grey market one)

Just by doing one side by side comparison one shouldn't draw conclusions.
One should check the video source ,how the tvs are connected ,what settings are they in.At what viewing angle they are etc.
Adjust the tvs to their best and you will see the Samsung/Sony models priced above 30k coming out on top in most parameters of PQ from contrast,SD PQ,Noise reduction etc.

Just by doing one side by side comparison one shouldn't draw conclusions.
One should check the video source ,how the tvs are connected ,what settings are they in.At what viewing angle they are etc.
Adjust the tvs to their best and you will see the Samsung/Sony models priced above 30k coming out on top in most parameters of PQ from contrast,SD PQ,Noise reduction etc.

ya m8 i can understand wat u wanna say and i agree on it...but the source was same for all the LCDs,cant say bout the other brands but the difference was huge between samsung 32C630 and sony 32EX500...and the settings was maxed!!
even i also dont believe that panasonic LCDs are better than Sammy n SONY :)

ya m8 i can understand wat u wanna say and i agree on it...but the source was same for all the LCDs,cant say bout the other brands but the difference was huge between samsung 32C630 and sony 32EX500...and the settings was maxed!!
even i also dont believe that panasonic LCDs are better than Sammy n SONY :)

Even if they have the same source how where they connected,most showrooms use either RF or daisy chain tvs from one tvs monitor out to other tvs composite In.

Adjusting the settings to MAX will mostly do more harm then good.You will loose black levels,unwanted artifacts,edge enhancement etc.

Hi

Perhaps you had a bad experience with Sony, but that doesn't make all Sony products crap. I've had 3 Sony LCD's for almost 5 years now, and they all work fine.
I didn't deal with their CS for TV's, but their Playstation guys were helpful.

CHEERS!!

hhhmmm the choice is always subjective. i have seen and compared almost all brands, samsung is much better choice. PQ is very good considering SD up scaling as it is far better than any brand and HD is all same you can hardly make any difference.sound may be not up-to the mark but it comes with lots of other great features (personal view).so i bought a samsung 32c630 for 38k with airtel HD DTH and tata photo+ both without subscription.

Last edited:

no my dear friend LG supports all the formats u just say ..there so many posts regarding the same issue.. (lg 32ld550)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back