samsung LED UA40B7000 review

snbad

hi,

I am planning to buy Samsung LED UA40B7000 TV.
Has anyone bought this TV, please share your experience.
I am planning to buy it with out the offer of 22" LCD that comes
along with it with some price reduction. what's the best price
i can get in bangalore with out the 22" LCD tv offer.
which showroom do you think is better ?
Please share your thoughts guys!

Thanks a lot
Sinbad

hi,

I am planning to buy Samsung LED UA40B7000 TV.
Has anyone bought this TV, please share your experience.
I am planning to buy it with out the offer of 22" LCD that comes
along with it with some price reduction. what's the best price
i can get in bangalore with out the 22" LCD tv offer.
which showroom do you think is better ?
Please share your thoughts guys!

Thanks a lot
Sinbad

Hi,

The UA40B7000's MRP is 1.4L i guess, E-Zone will give you the best discount, may be for 1L (depends on how you bargain), I got my UA46B6000 for 1L from E-Zone, MRP was 1.5L, and for Independence Day disc. they were offering it for 1.25L.........and I further bargained it to 1L.....but full payment... no EMI's for any such disc. BTW there is no PQ difference in series 6 and series 7 IMO..... the only add feature in series 7 is WiFi and an Ethernet port i guess (not sure)..... and unless you need and use those features very often, you can go in for series 6 and save 15K may be...depends on your choice.

cheers.

@aneelr i got the same tv this diwali on an exchange for 65k...the hdrips on this tv is a sight to behold.however in some reviews ppl have complained about CE dimming feature.. have you turned off this feature? also will the b7000 calibration settings suffice for this tv?

The best deal I got was 76K for 40 inch B6000 series...but with no Freebies...

But 65K for a 46 inch is some kind of a diwali lottery...:eek:hyeah:

guys, what about UA40B7000 ? no one bought this yet :(
i am looking for the best price with out any goodies or offers.

i got some ppl excited with the price quote:lol:..let me reiterate this was under exchange on my philips cinoes lcd tv..i was intend on buying b650 which mysteriously missing and was told to wait for 3 weeks! could any of the kind souls shed some light on auto dimming feature on b6000? has any one disabled it in service menu and notice any diff in pq?

p.s could any one share their calibration settings for hd content..

i got some ppl excited with the price quote:lol:..let me reiterate this was under exchange on my philips cinoes lcd tv..i was intend on buying b650 which mysteriously missing and was told to wait for 3 weeks! could any of the kind souls shed some light on auto dimming feature on b6000? has any one disabled it in service menu and notice any diff in pq?

What drove you to exhange Philips cinoes lcd tv ??...I believe its not that old model...right ?

Hi,
Where does this Auto Dimming feature appear in the settings......... I could not find any....where as there is an option to reduce the BackLight value, it is the same thing you are talking about. The factory setting's was too high and wrong............ I adjusted the color of my TV by having my calibrated (using ADOBE GAMA) Samsung 22" FHD monitor hooked to my PC, and playing the same video on both the device......manually adjusted my TV colors/brightness/contrast/sharness/RGB levels to visually match my monitor. Though it is not the right way.... I managed to mach it as closely as possible. Setting's done under complete darkness.

And congrats man, 65K is less than 50% of MRP.
Enjoy!!!!!!

cheers

What drove you to exhange Philips cinoes lcd tv ??...I believe its not that old model...right ?

the cineos was good for sd content but it had poor viewing angle and ambilight was a nightmare to use..further more it was only 720p and less said about the philips customer service the better..

Hi,
Where does this Auto Dimming feature appear in the settings......... I could not find any....where as there is an option to reduce the BackLight value, it is the same thing you are talking about. The factory setting's was too high and wrong............ I adjusted the color of my TV by having my calibrated (using ADOBE GAMA) Samsung 22" FHD monitor hooked to my PC, and playing the same video on both the device......manually adjusted my TV colors/brightness/contrast/sharness/RGB levels to visually match my monitor. Though it is not the right way.... I managed to mach it as closely as possible. Setting's done under complete darkness.

And congrats man, 65K is less than 50% of MRP.
Enjoy!!!!!!

cheers

the auto dimming feature is available in the service menu and google it for instructions..i used some b7000 calibration settings and it appears to look better now..also is there a way to send the dts stream via hdmi to my receiver in USB playback? most of my collections plays with no sound..

the auto dimming feature is available in the service menu and google it for instructions..i used some b7000 calibration settings and it appears to look better now....

Hi,

Thanks, will check it.........

..also is there a way to send the dts stream via hdmi to my receiver in USB playback? most of my collections plays with no sound..

USB -> WDTV/XTREAMER -> AVR -> TV will give you dts audio.

cheers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back