Samsung new models

is worth buying Samsung budget tvs ?
My cousin who worked in Samsung, used to say they are hopeless after warranty ends. And surprisingly the only time it gets faulty is when the warranty is over like clockwork precision. He calls Samsung as uncle Sam and after I experienced what he said with a Samsung microwave oven, a washing machine and previously a 48" TV, I have started rating Samsung as worst electronics brand but that's just my prejudice. But we don't have a stable alternative brand with such a wide service network. There are pros and cons to weigh before the plunge.

I have a Samsung tv and tbh I rate it better than the Sony's in the recent past as its running like a horse for 8 years now. Honestly there is no right or wrong, everyone has their own perspective and we respect that. It's just sheer luck. Overall for all companies quality of Components is very dicey and maybe these days they manufacture stuff with a programmed failure after a certain time..
Buy something not just for the brand value, also the support network and the quality of the product and features you want and make peace with the possibility of it conking off after warranty. As far as the Au launches they are the lowest rung AU7000 series at best so chose yourself basis the features and the demo after situation betters.

Btw no offence OP.. Search the threads and lot of details on what you ask for barring the AU series reviews... Below 1 lac 55" Frame 2020 is the most recommended in qled, for AU series 55" TV is pre order for non lockdown states at 54k or something.. There is another thread on past year tvs being better too.. Put in some effort and search the forum.

My cousin who worked in Samsung, used to say they are hopeless after warranty ends. And surprisingly the only time it gets faulty is when the warranty is over like clockwork precision. He calls Samsung as uncle Sam and after I experienced what he said with a Samsung microwave oven, a washing machine and previously a 48" TV, I have started rating Samsung as worst electronics brand but that's just my prejudice. But we don't have a stable alternative brand with such a wide service network. There are pros and cons to weigh before the plunge.
Totally agree, faced this with QLED and Samsung phone too. Their service post warranty is hopeless , they expect to cough up 80% of TV cost as panel replacement cost and for any escalations the case goes on for 1-2 months extra with no change in the outcome. Lesson learnt is to go for the extra warranty no matter what, gives you more VFM especially when these go defunct in a year or so.

Samsung and LG is the worst electronics brand atleast in India. LG recently improved in quality and reliability. But Samsung Jeez it’s the worst interms of reliability. I am stating this after owning few Samsung and Lg products.

Edge or direct lit led would matter much only if there is local dimming. As edge lit can't be made as full array local dimming. They are called frame dimming in edge lit. For the non FALD TVs it doesn't matter much.

Since your budget is nearly 100k and if Brightness n wow HDR is your scene then Sony 2019 4K flagship X950G @85k for 55 inches will be better than Samsung Frame@ 77K as both HDR and SDR reaches nearly 1300 nits unlike 600 on the Frame, mind you X950G does not have 2.1 port which the frame has , additionally the Frame despite not having local dimming has slightly more deeper n inkier blacks.

The colour gamut, colour volume, upscaling, motion is more or less similar on both TVs. TCL C825 whenever it launched would be another enticing option.

Hi. I was hoping to buy toshiba u7980 but due to non availability in NCR couldn’t. Today dere is a deal on Samsung Frame 55inch getting it for 62-63k. Is it worth the price or any other model is suggested?

Hi. I was hoping to buy toshiba u7980 but due to non availability in NCR couldn’t. Today dere is a deal on Samsung Frame 55inch getting it for 62-63k. Is it worth the price or any other model is suggested?
Woot o_O Where.. Go for it eyes closed at this price.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back