Samsung NU8000 display problem

abhi0202

Hi All, I have a 65" Samsung NU8000 TV that I got in 2018. For the last couple of days I had been noticing the colors washed out on the screen but it was intermittent so I didn't bother much. But today its become permanent and the funny part is its only affecting one half of the panel. I have attached the picture for your reference.
Although I've called the customer care but any help as to what could be the issue and what kind of expenses am I looking at here?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20221009_143856.jpg
    20221009_143856.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi All, I have a 65" Samsung NU8000 TV that I got in 2018. For the last couple of days I had been noticing the colors washed out on the screen but it was intermittent so I didn't bother much. But today its become permanent and the funny part is its only affecting one half of the panel. I have attached the picture for your reference.
Although I've called the customer care but any help as to what could be the issue and what kind of expenses am I looking at here?

Thanks in advance!
Samsung service engineers will have a field day. The local LCD repair shop can maybe try checking some Ribbon cable stuff but even if they do some hack like taping something or soldering a part or so, no guarantee it will last long. But replacing panel is equal to buying a new TV these days. Life of a TV is between 5 years to about 7 (if carefully handled). If you could fix it at a local tv mechanic and push it to 2 more years, you can replace it.

Samsung service engineers will have a field day. The local LCD repair shop can maybe try checking some Ribbon cable stuff but even if they do some hack like taping something or soldering a part or so, no guarantee it will last long. But replacing panel is equal to buying a new TV these days. Life of a TV is between 5 years to about 7 (if carefully handled). If you could fix it at a local tv mechanic and push it to 2 more years, you can replace it.
Yes, the service engineer will likely say the entire panel has gone bad and it will be better to buy a new one. I have same experience with LG LCD where the one half the panel suddenly became distorted and the LG engineer came and said the same thing and then I took the TV apart myself and did the tape hack fix myself and post fix the TV is working fine without any issue for more than last 2 years and without any noticeable functionality or image quality issue.

Yes, the service engineer will likely say the entire panel has gone bad and it will be better to buy a new one. I have same experience with LG LCD where the one half the panel suddenly became distorted and the LG engineer came and said the same thing and then I took the TV apart myself and did the tape hack fix myself and post fix the TV is working fine without any issue for more than last 2 years and without any noticeable functionality or image quality issue.
He can have an electronics technician do that by showing youtube clips of successful tape fixes. Doing it himself is risky as skilled hands should only try these things. CRT TVs had huge voltage retention capacitors and if wrongly handled was fatal. LCD TVs may not have those risks but still a service technician can do it for Rs.500 to 1000 and these are not recommended do it yourself (DIY) exercises.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back