Samsung One Connect Box Issues

JithinR

Hi All,

I am new member to the forum who has been going through most new television threads to purchase a new TV for my family.

A little background: We are not exactly into watching TV content (most of our content consumption is just Youtube).

However, my dad just (forced)retired and he and mom just came back to our home state after almost 40 years. (Un?)fortunately, the pandemic led to me being in my hometown too. Since my parents didn't have a TV in the house yet I thought I could gift them one and finally I decided to get the Frame 2020. My reasoning was that I could use it if I decide to get PS5 down the line and meanwhile my mom would appreciate the look of the TV on the wall.

However, it seems that while i was researching about connectivity options and PQ etc..I forget to check if there are any issues with the reliability of this TV unique configuration. Basically, I can see complaints on Samsung's european community forums with regards to the OneConnect Box and the translucent cable that connects this to the TV failing every few years and the thing costs a pretty penny to replace.

I am now worried about this since I purchased the TV yesterday from Flipkart (they had a 1 year comprehensive + 1 year additional warranty on the panel) and today I can see that for TV's invoiced from 10 Oct 2020 to 11 Nov 2020 there is an additional warranty of 2 years on the panel (this offer was not shown to me yesterday but I have confirmed from Flipkart CC that it would apply to me as well.. though he said that the warranty was 1 year on TV + 3 years on the panel even though my understanding is that it's 1 year on TV + 4 years on the panel).

Since quite a few experienced members here list Samsung frame as one of the possible options for an all rounder TV below OLEDs I was wondering if members here can help me with the following questions:

1. Has anyone here purchased the Frame (or known someone who has) and had issues with the One Connect box or the cable or this TV as a whole?
2. Is it possible for me to purchase some sort of extended warranty from Samsung for this TV? I don't mind doing this since this has become the single biggest point of concern for me.
3. I purchased the TV using my friends SBI debit card (for the additional discount). If I cancel the purchase, then how does he get his money back. I am not used to Credit cards hence the noob question. I rather not waste his time anymore.
4. Is there a way for me to protect the One connect box and the cable? From what I can understand Samsung is moving away from using it in their TVs as of 2020 and if I can't cancel the order then i need to start thinking about how I can protect it.

NOTE: Sorry for creating a new thread. I didn't want to bury this query under the existing ones since it's quite urgent. @Mods, please move the post if you think it's appropriate.

Mods, please go ahead and close the thread if you'd like. I have cancelled the order from my end after realising tht Samsung is asking for Rs 13800 for one year extended warranty for QLED tv of size 55".

This seems to be more than Sony asks for their OLED for two years.

As per this link it is around ₹7500. I am looking for buy an extended warranty

This is the page i used

Samsung carpackage

In this I think the QLED 52-57 inch page is the right one:

Samsung carepack for QLED

Please let me know if this is wrong. I hve cancelled my order but just curious on the reason for the premium if any.

I have purchased the frame TV(55") but on the samsung website. It is an overall decent package. I bought it on the 14th of October, so I guess its too early days for me to comment on failure. I was thinking of getting of getting an additional one connect cable,just in case of unavailability of parts later on. With respect to the additional warranty, I too am in the same dilemma as yours. The QLED warranty from samsung doesn't make sense for an entry level Qled like a frame. I'm exploring onsite go warranty https://onsitego.com/ but yet to hear back from them in comparison to Samsung extended warranty.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back