samsung plasma

The never ending discussion starts all over again....

I feel both technologies are good and have their merits and demerits.

For Brightly lit areas and living rooms you should avoid plasma as LCD is best.

For home theaters and places where you can control lighting conditions, Plasma is the answer and you can't beat that.

I am a plasma owner and i love the technology ...:yahoo:

Also cost wise Plasma's still continue to be cheaper than LCD's.

I have fought this LCD/LED Vs Plasma battle several times, trying to put sense into people's mind that Plasmas are clear winners. But ignorance is really difficult to defeat.

The numero-uno enemy here are the shop-floor reps who tell you all kinds of nonsense: take this typical conversation that I overheard in Reliance Digital (Mangalore) the other day:

Consumer: I want to see a Plasma TV
Assistant: Shows an LED.

The customer, not very knowledgeable, notices the logo and complains that it is not Plasma.

Assistant: But this is a new model sir. Plasma is outdated and requires electricity equivalent of what you require to run a 1.5 HP motor!!

Consumer: I was told that Plasma is good in terms of picture quality.
Assistant: Plasma picture fades over 1-2 years and plasmas do not last as long as LCD....

Now how do you like this?

As in all fields, the few who know buy the best; the rest is taken by the devil

I have fought this LCD/LED Vs Plasma battle several times, trying to put sense into people's mind that Plasmas are clear winners. But ignorance is really difficult to defeat.

The numero-uno enemy here are the shop-floor reps who tell you all kinds of nonsense: take this typical conversation that I overheard in Reliance Digital (Mangalore) the other day:

Consumer: I want to see a Plasma TV
Assistant: Shows an LED.

The customer, not very knowledgeable, notices the logo and complains that it is not Plasma.

Assistant: But this is a new model sir. Plasma is outdated and requires electricity equivalent of what you require to run a 1.5 HP motor!!

Consumer: I was told that Plasma is good in terms of picture quality.
Assistant: Plasma picture fades over 1-2 years and plasmas do not last as long as LCD....

Now how do you like this?

As in all fields, the few who know buy the best; the rest is taken by the devil

This is exactly how it happens...........I have argued with many salesmen and once they know who they are dealing with, they shut up. But most customers are unaware of different technologies and unfortunately the salesmen always get the better of them.

Never listen to the salesman.....do your research and homework and then enter the stores. The Salesman will always sell you what fetches him the highest commission. Sometimes I wonder if most are in favour of selling LED why do they even bother stocking plasma's if nobody is interested in selling them.

shop owners make more (margin of profit) in selling LCD and LED TVs; really, it is a symbiotic process: the shopkeepers stock what sells more and customers buy what is most bought;

Clever buyers are a breed apart. Never argue with the mob.

with respect to the above posts I want to add an experience...when I went to a showroom and wanted to see a sammy plsama for a friend....
they told huhh plasma,
thats a super old tech,
do you know they contain gases which can be dangerous..etc etc
..it makes your room super hot...

hahaha...

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back