Samsung Q80R

Cuber2113

I have a few questions about this
1) Is the Q80R sold in India the same as the one reviewed by Rtings?
2) Are there any users of Q80R here? If yes please share your experience.
3) Are there any better tvs than this? (excluding x950g,Q90R and oleds)

Last edited:
3) No. But Toshiba U7980 can be considered a cheaper alternative.

OP asks about 2019 TV's mostly unavailable and irrelevant now, First responder replies back with a 2019 TV still available in 2021 :p

If you are talking about the 2019 model, then no... The Q80R sold here is actually Q85R (sold in Europe, it comes with more local diming zones, around 100, One Connect box and Ultra-Wide Viewing Filter). Not sure if it's still available in retail stores.

Last edited:
OP asks about 2019 TV's mostly unavailable and irrelevant now, First responder replies back with a 2019 TV still available in 2021 :p
That no is for better TV's. And U8080 is still not launched so U7980, which is out of stock in most pincodes will only flash our minds as his quest for better TV's apart from those he included.

If you are talking about the 2019 model, then no... The Q80R sold here is actually Q85R (sold in Europe, it comes with more local diming zones, around 100, One Connect box and Ultra-Wide Viewing Filter). Not sure if it's still available in retail stores.
Oh yes the 2019 model, and thanks for the clarification.

So basically the Q85R is a better tv compared to the Q80R right?

So there is a 2020 model too? It is a Q80T right?

Well, considering it's a two years old model and doesn't have HDMI 2.1/eARC, a 55" unit, shouldn't cost more than 90/100K INR.

Well, considering it's a two years old model and doesn't have HDMI 2.1/eARC, a 55" unit, shouldn't cost more than 90/100K INR.
Well thats where the story changes, even Samsung reps know the past year tv's are better and you would be lucky to find one at 90 or 100K. Even the Q80T/Q90T are stuck at 140-150K ranges. Q80T would be a good buy and can be availed at a much cheaper price around 110K on corporate offers. Q80R will be a risky buy now for sure even if you find it, Samsung stores will happily offload display pieces but I will advise to stay away.

It's a 2 year old model, Samsung doesn't support old hardware via software updates for long, have already experienced it. Plus you will be lucky to find any recently manufactured units from 2021 or even 2020 for the set. Risk of component failure might be there and availability of parts will soon start to be a problem. And in case you find any defects with the piece you procure at the onset, unsure how many replacement sets will be there as well.
Maybe it will be better to look at latest tv's or else continue this wild goose chase, where your best option might be buying a store demo piece, which might or not fail out anytime soon.

Luckily I found this thread. I was also planning to buy this model(65 inch), but since this is outdated and the negatives as highlighted above, I am thinking about whether to buy this or the mi q1 75inch one. The only advantage I see is the one connect box which the Samsung has.
Would like to get the opinion on which one would be a better choice q80ra or mi q1 75, or any other. viewing distance 12ft, bright lit living room, mainly watch 4k content, budget max 1.5L

Luckily I found this thread. I was also planning to buy this model(65 inch), but since this is outdated and the negatives as highlighted above, I am thinking about whether to buy this or the mi q1 75inch one. The only advantage I see is the one connect box which the Samsung has.
Would like to get the opinion on which one would be a better choice q80ra or mi q1 75, or any other. viewing distance 12ft, bright lit living room, mainly watch 4k content, budget max 1.5L
Are you able to find the Q80R anywhere? I'm looking for the 55 inch variant. If you find any quote, please let me know.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back