Samsung UA46D6000SR Issue with panel - Samsung is ready to give refund/replace option

vprasad84

Hi Guys,

I have a Samsung 46" 3D LED TV. It's wonderful & i love the quality. However since last month, it has started displaying few horizontal lines. I lodged a complaint with Samsung for it & after many followups samsung has informed me that the TV panel needs to be replaced which is not available as they have stopped the manufacturing for this particular model. They have given me 2 options to choose

They will give me refund of Invoice Amount
They will replace with New TV set of some E series which are newly launched.

My question is about the invoice amount. The total amount is 82K which includes VAT amt also. I missed asking them about it whether they will refund me total 82K or will refund the amount minus VAT. If minus VAT i cannot accept it. Can you clear this doubt.

If i have to go for 2nd option, i have to wait for 2 weeks. They will revert me the exact model name under the new ES series & then i can compare the specs with my current TV & choose. However i am seeking for reviews of the new ES series. Please reply if you have experience.

I can also get my refund back & choose to buy a new TV with more larger size say 50 or 55" can you recommend me few of them.

Re: Samsung UA46D6000SR Issue with panel - Samsung is ready to give refund/replace op

In my view, VAT is paid to the government and cannot be claimed back from the government. So basically the dealer/company will paying from my own pocket.

In my opinion, you should seek a replacement as you will need a TV anyway.

If you are ready, and Samsung agrees, you can go for a larger TV by paying the difference. In the LED range, 50" is not a size that is available. So it will have to be 55" and the price is likely to be around 145k.

Last edited:
Re: Samsung UA46D6000SR Issue with panel - Samsung is ready to give refund/replace op

for that money you will get the 51 inch plasma E550. Even if you are ok with a replacement LED, make sure you bargain with them for 3 year additional warranty for free - I just lost my LCD which unfortunately had no warranty after 3 years...

Yes. You should look at the 51E550 plasma also. Reasons:

1. Price = 74~78k. Fits in the exchange bucket.
2. 5" extra
3. Plasma will yield better/natural colours, better blacks and near instantaneous response. (but some people prefer vivid colours of LED).

Or you can take the refund and look at Panasonic plasma models.

Can you explain or attach a picture of the horizontal lines. Are they single pixel parallel lines 5 mm apart covering the entire screen fading from right to left almost invisible from 10 feet.

Can you explain or attach a picture of the horizontal lines. Are they single pixel parallel lines 5 mm apart covering the entire screen fading from right to left almost invisible from 10 feet.

earlier there was only single horizontal line. it was straight.

But the problem is getting more day by day. After few days more horizontal lines were added & now the background is like water is spilled. See below pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like a panel problem, replace the TV in any case. I have a samsung 46 inch panel however I have evenly distributed dull black horizontal lines throughout. Unfortunately no warranty. So I have purchased the last samsung product. Don't know why these more than 100K TV go kaput so soon even in AC rooms.

Looks like a panel problem, replace the TV in any case. I have a samsung 46 inch panel however I have evenly distributed dull black horizontal lines throughout. Unfortunately no warranty. So I have purchased the last samsung product. Don't know why these more than 100K TV go kaput so soon even in AC rooms.

yup...which model did you got...dunno if they will give extended warranty free of cost. In any case i will get 6 months warranty for replaced TV as 6 months are already completed for this one.

Comparing to the MRP of my current TV, the new models are coming with 2d to 3d converter, skype, web browser, 400 Mhz CMR so if i get one, ill get these features free. also newer models are coming with free 3D bluray player of samsung & 1 3d bluray title...i they give me new tv, i wish i cud get these too :licklips:

I have A UA46B6000 2009 model purchased in May 2010. My media player has most of the internet features but I hardly use them while I have a great panasonic bluray player. Planing to do some DIY with my LED TV to correct the problem but only after I purchase a new plasma.

Last edited:

earlier there was only single horizontal line. it was straight.

But the problem is getting more day by day. After few days more horizontal lines were added & now the background is like water is spilled. See below pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/

Hi
Just out of interest which TV did you get in the end?
Was the replacement offered to you so easily?
Did you have to pay any difference?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back