samsungps51d550 brightness issue

drkavint

hi guys,
sorry iam back with one new problem,
though i own ps51d550 for nearly 5 month,i never adjusted brightness above 50 level, not even tried once.
i had happen to watch paranormal activity3, (via pc using hdmi, vlc player) movie yesterday it was bit darker, so i adjusted brightness to 60, it made no difference. hence i adjusted to 70 then 80, then even 100, could make out only slight increase.. i surprisingly reduced to 0.. the brightness had decreased only slightly..
puzzled..
i request my fellow owners to check whether any one has same problem????
is this issue because of me entering service menu?
** i reset the service menu but issue remains same..
contrast, hue, all works marvelously but brightness changes very little..
no idea.. please help me...

I never noticed that . However will check when i go home .

Did u try increasing the cell light and turning off eco mode. it should solve the problem .
However will revert once I am at home

i have the same problem too, but never really got to probe it further. will check when i go home.
cell light adjustment did have a great difference though....

i do remember making sure that the firmware was the same as the latest one listed in the samsung india website a month back.

anyways, when i checked the samsung india support website today I noticed that there is a new firmware available with the release date as 11 Jan, 2012. will try to upgrade this weekend and let you know. The version number seems to indicate it is 1021.1

Link to the samsung india firmware page: Plasma TV with style and 3D - PS51D550 - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

Version: T-MST4DAAC_1021.1/T-MSV4DAAC_1004.0

thanxs yar. started to download new firmware... waiting with fingers crossed. hope it is resolved...
just to add note that i tried with echo sensor off, and cell light was kept at 10, yet problem was there..
some thing which made me happy.. (((sorry yar))).. was that my tv is not fault and everyone is having this issue..
a bit story i want to add
if electricity goes off in usa the guy calls 911
if power goes in japan they call electricity board
only in india, if power goes we look outside,whether next door house too power gone/ there..
mmmmm.. iam born indian.. sorry guys..

updated, no major changes
i think they added additional codac support for usb playback, sharpness increases drastically but brightness issue remains same...
i think samsung guys dont know about this issue...
even i noticed it too late..

Cell Light at 10 it still too low, try at 20. Make sure power saving mode is totally off and then try.

the picture of 1080i/p quality only appears darker..
amazing contrast but lowest brightness..
in pc gom player i decreased contrast to 25, brightness, color was 50.
in tv setting i set cell light 6, brightness, color and contrast 50.
good picture..
similarly
in reliance hd hd channels appear darker, non hd appear bright,
in bluray and media player when output set to 720p/480p.. looks brighter but low contrast
when output is 1080p/i looks darker but crisper and too good contrast
but i wish Samsung fixes it, and i can get brighter(whitish) image, which is of very useful for movies like harrypotter, x files, and maniratnam movies...

planning to go to service menu this week and re- calibrate hdmi ,
wish to decrease the brightness of input signal and test it... hopefully tv becomes brighter...

Low cell Light is recommended for Break in period , wont decrease the life too much. I personally keep it at 18. I have no problem with brightness, 20 is a bit too bright for my eyes.

And why is that so? It is based on your picture setting and is entirely a personal preference. Infact low cell lighting will hardly cause any issue as it would extend the life of phosphors due to lower brightness levels and also wont get that damn brightness limiter activated. So its safest to keep the cell light to as low as possible.

Guys, any luck on the low brightness issue?

Seems last couple of days am facing the same issue. Firmware 1021.1.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back