Sansa Clip Plus: Available in India?

sound and music

Is Sansa Clip Plus (launched in 2009) available in India? Any contact numbers of sellers?

In this mode, one can also add micrSD card for additional storage.

Yeah, both players also play Flac format which is lossless and sounds close to CD.

But the main difference is price. Sansa Clip Plus is around Rs. 2-2.5K for 4 GB while I guess Cowon must be expensive.

Do you have any idea about Cowon players and their prices?

Yeah, both players also play Flac format which is lossless and sounds close to CD.

But the main difference is price. Sansa Clip Plus is around Rs. 2-2.5K for 4 GB while I guess Cowon must be expensive.

Do you have any idea about Cowon players and their prices?

indian prices are on the website i posted in the last post

Cowon players are very good. Esp great if you can get it from the US, Cowon d2+ 8gb for about 120$!
Great sq, excellent battery life. The indian price is about 40% higher i think!
Sansa clip plus is the best you can get at that kinda money. Great sq, compact, flac, just that it has a basic display and battery life is not so great.

Cowon players are very good. Esp great if you can get it from the US, Cowon d2+ 8gb for about 120$!

i am actually debating between O2, D2+ and the S9. As of now im thinking S9 its oled screen is too good. i plan to watch tv shows and use it for music the 32gb model is available for 17,000.

Should i be considering the other two models or S9 is the best and latest ?

I have the s9, its too good, & will blow you away in terms of PQ & SQ, no doubt pick the S9

Cheers, Nitin

I am only interested in music (no video or photos, organizer, etc.) and therefore looking for plain and basic player which can play FLAC files, has the facility of adding extra card for storage and is affordable. On all these counts, I think buying Sansa makes sense.

I checked with several dealers here they don't keep this model or even the precious model.

Now I have requested my UK-based friend who is visiting India at the end of this month to bring a Sansa Clip Plus 8GB version. It would cost UK Pound 45.

I already have a microSDHC card of 16 GB which means that I have got space of 24GB that will take care of my FLAC files. All together I would spend Rs.4500 including card on this player.

Though there are rave reviews of Sansa Clip Plus's sound quality and easy of use in terms of menu and downloading of music files on the net (awarded the best MP3 player of 2009), let us see how it performs on these counts. If I don't like it, I may put it on sale here/other forums and recover some money spent.

I am only interested in music (no video or photos, organizer, etc.) and therefore looking for plain and basic player which can play FLAC files, has the facility of adding extra card for storage and is affordable. On all these counts, I think buying Sansa makes sense.

I checked with several dealers here they don't keep this model or even the precious model.

Now I have requested my UK-based friend who is visiting India at the end of this month to bring a Sansa Clip Plus 8GB version. It would cost UK Pound 45.

I already have a microSDHC card of 16 GB which means that I have got space of 24GB that will take care of my FLAC files. All together I would spend Rs.4500 including card on this player.

Though there are rave reviews of Sansa Clip Plus's sound quality and easy of use in terms of menu and downloading of music files on the net (awarded the best MP3 player of 2009), let us see how it performs on these counts. If I don't like it, I may put it on sale here/other forums and recover some money spent.

Audiodelic,

Being a Cowon d2 owner I would say that its not the best choice if video is a priority. The video quality is very good, but the hitch is that you cant drag and drop. You have to convert it. It plays avi. but in 320*240 resolution. This is a big hastle and I ended up watching a few movies and series only on it because i was too lazy to spend time converting the files.
Sound and music,
But for music playback as priority, I would say go for the D2 or the Sansa clip plus depending on your budget and what kinda size you prefer.
I would happily buy the d2 again over the s9. I just want the sound quality, battery life, expandable memory and file support. I dont like the s9 s propreitary cable compared to d2 s mini usb! But s9 rocks when it come to video.

Any cowan model with display no video for around Rs. 3500?
Audiodelic,

Being a Cowon d2 owner I would say that its not the best choice if video is a priority. The video quality is very good, but the hitch is that you cant drag and drop. You have to convert it. It plays avi. but in 320*240 resolution. This is a big hastle and I ended up watching a few movies and series only on it because i was too lazy to spend time converting the files.
Sound and music,
But for music playback as priority, I would say go for the D2 or the Sansa clip plus depending on your budget and what kinda size you prefer.
I would happily buy the d2 again over the s9. I just want the sound quality, battery life, expandable memory and file support. I dont like the s9 s propreitary cable compared to d2 s mini usb! But s9 rocks when it come to video.

Dear Sound and Music,

Did you get your clip plus?If yes,can you pls. share your experience?I am also having the same plan to buy one 8 GB model through one of my friends who would be coming to India from UK in the month end.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Samml

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back