Sansa e260 - purchased today

anm

I went to home town noida today and I was looking for a good pmp. The deal sounded great and I fell for it. Got it home for 3k brand new. Didn't get much time today as I was getting my new Wii installed! And then assembled a tricycle for my daughter.
Seems it can't play wav files. Two wav files I copied to it are not showing up!

I went to home town noida today and I was looking for a good pmp. The deal sounded great and I fell for it. Got it home for 3k brand new. Didn't get much time today as I was getting my new Wii installed! And then assembled a tricycle for my daughter.

Congrats on your purchase. It a great player for audio. I own a Fuze and it uses the same DAC as the 260 and plays the lossless formats very well.

You may want to ensure the firmware is the most recent as mine did not have it when purchased in Chennai.

Re: your other goals for a sunday evening, I am amazed to read that you needed help for installing a Wii but did assemble a tricycle! In terms of skills and talents the latter is much more complex than the former. Hope you did not get zipped by any installer :) Anyways enjoy the games and music and more importantly time with your daughter (I am sounding philosophical - time to sleep I guess as my simple brain is overworked this weekend :) )

no its a fischer price tricycle so doesn't need that much skill. What was frustrating at the end of the exercise was that her feet aren't yet reaching the pedals. I hope in next few months.

Wii is setup and everyone at home is amazed that video games can be played like this also!
There is a problem setting it up with my pj - the cable provided has a male end, and is not long enough to reach the pj. Plus the one bundled is composite. I guess I need an HDMI avr soon.

FM is finicky. Sometimes it works beautifully, at others it gargles and spit too much noise into your ears.

Congrats!

There are two versions - e260 V1 and V2. Which one you've got? (To find the difference, check here)

It can be rockboxed as well. That's something I always wanted to try out :)

The Sansa e200 series firmware is not good enough. I installed Rockbox on it and the player now rocks. It is fast, with a better interface and plays FLACs as well . So you should try this.

does FM/ voice recorder work with this fw?
This would initially be used as a voice recorder and then come to me. I recorded my daughter's voice and right now listening to it. Amazing! ppl are wondering why am I smiling listening to a pmp player!!

The Sansa e200 series firmware is not good enough. I installed Rockbox on it and the player now rocks. It is fast, with a better interface and plays FLACs as well . So you should try this.

There is a problem setting it up with my pj - the cable provided has a male end, and is not long enough to reach the pj.

congrats anm! waiting for a review when you've played it for a while and perhaps done the rockbox that guys here seem to be recommending.

pj...? by the way you plan on using it only when you're in your pajamas? putting you to sleep types? :D

does FM/ voice recorder work with this fw?
This would initially be used as a voice recorder and then come to me. I recorded my daughter's voice and right now listening to it. Amazing! ppl are wondering why am I smiling listening to a pmp player!!

I dont listen to FM in my Sansa and hence tested out the FM just for the sake of it. It seemed to work.

Congrats. I too purchased Cowon iAudio7 8GB for 5.5k from Lipap Systems. Great sound with my Philips SHE 9800 IEM.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back