Sansui 9090DB

johny747

I am looking for a 9090DB from Sansui. I keep reading that he sound is awesome and so on!
Which among other Sansui models were/are good?
Could you suggest other Vintage Amps which are really worth looking at?
Is it worth buying old rigs like these?
Appreciate your inputs in advance

Last edited:
AFAIK, The AU series is taken to be the best. IIRC,The db was a great amp too but was more of a party amp, I haven't ever heard a db but IMHO, its well worth it to go in for a good vintage amp but only after a thorough A&I(audition and inspection).
Normally, nothing goes wrong except the capacitors which die after drying up due to prolonged disuse. They arent tuff to find/replace either. The AU series had one of the best phonostages and sounds very nice. I have a sansui AUD-101 rated at 15wpc only but I wouldn't trade it for a 500 dollar modern amp.
HTH

A bit unrelated to the OP, but does anyone have much info on the Z series of Sansui? Names, the 3900Z? I have recently gotten one, and it's pretty good.. really bassy. However, the phono inputs aren't working and I am thinking about how or whether I should get them repaired.

Thanks !

Get it repaired. I believe the Z series is a good series. Shouldn't be tough to get it repaired. Call Sanjay Raut at AVC Inc, Shivaji Park.
Joshua

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back