Sansui FR D35 V/s Sonodyne RP4000D

vmscbe1974

Friends which one is better for my vinyl listening? Kindly advice not able to get sufficient information.
Regards
Srinivasan

Hi Srinivasan

I've used Sonodyne RP4000D.

It does what it is supposed to do, nothing bad nothing spectacular.

Both are direct drive.

Sansui has S-type tonearm vs sonodyne has straight

If condition is good go for Sansui, it's from early 80s and sansui still was making good stuff back then.

Go for Sansui only after full checkup.

Look whether it holds the speed steady. Look at tonearm lock and acertain if it has been extensively used. Look for smooth arm cuing mechanism. Arm returns after playback finished ? Should as it is automatic.

Look for General signs of wear and tear.

Negotiate and enjoy the black magic of vinyls.

All the best.

Sansui FR-D35 is very musical and stable TT. Direct Drive, S-Tonearm, even OEM Cartridge/Stylus is decent too. Make sure both speeds (33-45) are working fine without moving pitch control much. Also ensure tonearm lift control is working fine.

When buying vintage DD turntables, while running your checks, play them for some time, preferably 2 LPs and listen for pitch variance, especially after the turntable warms up.

I have been offered a Technics SL 1500 with AT91 cartridge shall i go for Techincs......... Iam confused for sansui and technics........sansui is but 50% less in cost to technics.........
regards srinivasan

If budget allows, go for Technics. Would you mind to disclose the price for both?

The AT91 is at the lowest end of the Audio Technica 1/2 inch mount cart range. Retails for under $20 in the United States. You have not mentioned whether the SL1500 is the MK1 or MK2. The MK1 has to be operated with the dustcover open while the MK2 can be operated with a closed dustcover. The MK2 I believe also had digital displays for speed and pitch. Both models are definitely better than the Sansui. Technics turntables are usually available in and around the price point which you have mentioned but a lot is got to do with the condition. I got my SL3200 for 12.5k, it came with its standard OEM Technics cart and non-functional dustcover hinges, but the table however, was in pristine condition.

Dear Reuben which cartridge do you suggest for this model......... will ortofone2m costing 5k will be idle? regards
Srinivasan

Dear Reuben which cartridge do you suggest for this model......... will ortofone2m costing 5k will be idle? regards
Srinivasan

Hi Srini, I would chose a cart depending on the type of records that I play. If old English records or Bollywood records in any condition, the Shure M44-7 is the best (but its a bit loud and bassy). I have always been a fan of vintage Shure carts like the M75-6s, M70B, etc. These are very ordinarily rated carts but they sound quite smooth and listenable. My listening time has been spent mostly on Shure.

nothing listed in olx, if you had found one can you message the link?

The better turntables from Technics are the semi automatics with direct drive and s-shaped tone-arm (adjustable). The manual ones are great but if you are in the habit of dozing off while listening, then you may find them a bit inconvenient.

I dont doze off while listening to vinyl but yes i listen when i am at the toilet or bathroom.......and sing along.... been using cosmic all these days so manual operation is not an issue...........

I do have shure M92E but after this post contemplating to get a p mount turntable but a long way to go..........

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back