Saregama Music Purchase/Membership

TaureanBull

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy hindi music CDs. May be about 25-30 and more over the year.

I came across saregama web site. They have several membership plans.

HOME :: Saregama - Music Portal - Saregama, HMV, Download mp3, Bollywood tracks, Ghazal, Devotional, Carnatic, Hindustani

My queries are as follows:-

1. Why prices only in $? Is there any Rs site?

2. Does the membership plan makes sense? If yes then which one?

3. Is there any other better place to but these CDs?

4. Any experience with this site?

PS : I would be buying only Audio CDs and not mp3 ones.

Hi Guys,

HOME :: Saregama - Music Portal - Saregama, HMV, Download mp3, Bollywood tracks, Ghazal, Devotional, Carnatic, Hindustani

They have a link for Saregama India. I think its shown on the right side of the screen (when you are on their home page).

You would be better off joining their HamaraCD site where you can choose your own songs (upto 70 mts). Each CD costs Rs. 275 and will be shipped to your address as ACD. Audio quality is slightly better than their regula ACDs - at least it was on the CDs I ordered.

Hope that helps.

Shailender

Hi Guys,

If its hindi film songs and further if its 60's,70's and 80's I am afraid you can only manage ACDs that are not sold for years, I hv been collecting for long and hv seen distribution of HFM is so disorganized, my observation

1.Saregama sells songs @ 10/- customized, so you can understand where they have reached!! a song is worth 10/- for them
2.Most of the OSTs are poorly digitized to say the least
3.HamaraCD also sells the same by writing these 10/- songs in a CD with a image embossing, quality is better not mentioned, I hv at least 30-40 ACDs from that site and I have tough time keepng them in good health, probably they use below par quality CDs
4.Anyway sources are
HamaraCD.com from Saregama Ltd., - Make your own Customized CD with all your favorite Indian music.
Shrimati's Asian Indian Music and DVD Store on the Web - shrimati shrimatis cds cassettes videocd bollywood classical carnatic
Buy Indian DVDs Online : MP3 Songs DVD : Punjabi DVDs : Old Bollywood Movies : Indian Hindi Movies : Online Bollywood CDs in USA : Indiancddvdonline.com

and obviously rhythmhouse,flipkart,ebay

just a small input, if its hindi film music (before 1990) let me know I may help you if I have seen something somewhere

just a small input, if its hindi film music (before 1990) let me know I may help you if I have seen something somewhere

Yes thats what I am interested in. Do let me know, if required by PM. I have all the downloaded stuff from net which is horrible most of the time and 128kbps poorly ripped mp3s.

Looking for options of clean sound. Any help would be appreciated.

My choices would be "Evergreen" songs from 60s,70s and 80s even 90s. I would also like to add ghazals to this.

Yes thats what I am interested in. Do let me know, if required by PM. I have all the downloaded stuff from net which is horrible most of the time and 128kbps poorly ripped mp3s.

My choices would be "Evergreen" songs from 60s,70s and 80s even 90s. I would also like to add ghazals to this.

You can browse HamaraCD by decade and select your songs. There are quite a few rare ones that are not easily available on regular ACDs. Like Akd said, the CD material they use is highly inferior. Copy the CD as soon as you receive it to a good quality blank one. But the audio quality is slightly better than the regular ones - may be they are digitally "cleaned".

Shailender

any specific film soundtrack?? "evergreen" is a vast word which includes hundreds of songs

i think they store all their music as MP3s and they just write it into a CD as Audio CD..so dont expect too much of quality

any specific film soundtrack?? "evergreen" is a vast word which includes hundreds of songs

You got it right buddy I am looking for those hundreds of songs. I said I would be buying 25-30 CDs to start with. I am looking for Sadabahar Mukesh, Lata.... Kishore & Asha..., MD Rafi etc etc..

OR possibly some thing like the legend series. I even liked the Coffee with.... and Audiography series.

Why dont you just go and buy the Saregama regular cds off the shelf. They have enough collections to satisfy most listeners.

Why dont you just go and buy the Saregama regular cds off the shelf. They have enough collections to satisfy most listeners.

I agree with you but IMO the prices in stores are MRP most of the times. On net buy one can get discounts and of course free delivery.

I am not sure if Saregama has an outlet in Delhi. I will have to go to ANY music shop which may not have all the titles.

Of course buying off the shelf has its own fun. :)

i've tried using online music stores. the only decent one is hungama.com. has a pretty extensive collection of music, both old world and the new crap bollywood sh*t.

extensive english collection too, albeit glaring missing links, like dire straits, s&g etc.

tracks are for a buck a song, 128kbps. which works fine for me. i mean i wouldve loved something like 192kbps, but the only way i'm gonna get close to that is by buying entire albums, something which i'm done with.

Hi Taureanbull

I have several "anmol ratan" series CD played once or twice .If you are interested would be willing to sell . I am collecting most of the songs in LP so CDs would not be required any more.

Thanks

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back