SB Duet priced lower at Amazon than at the SB site

Fantastic piece of kit, the duo - receiver and the handpiece (remote), wish I had bought it before taking the plunge on Classic.

Good luck for helium and steven for getting closer to buy the duet ?

:)

Vinod David would you like to trade your classic as you mentioned that the Classic & Duest Dacs are silmilar and I'm not too much of a looks guy.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Pricing at the official store is $399, whereas on Amazon it is 356..

Logitech Squeezebox Duet Wi-Fi Internet Radio
Amazon.com: Logitech Squeezebox Duet Wi-Fi Internet Radio: Electronics

Amazon without shipping- 17 @48 $exchange rate
North website with shipping- 24k
Logitech Squeezebox Duet Wi-Fi Internet Radio < Home Audio < TV & Home Theatre < Electronics : Electronics - Shop in the US from India @ 20North

Now just need to check warranty and adpator details for India

Last edited:
Hemant

Comapnies like Logitech sell the SB in volumes because of the userr friendly interface, tiny footprint, and the fact that many people may not want another computer to remain on all the time, so I guess it's all about horses for courses! There is also a segment of older users who may not be computer savvy enough to set up a home enterainment system like some of the younger nerds.

Personally I find the wireless SB with a NAS is a good option for me, since the nAS also has a very small footprint.

Cheers

George

24 k ,,get a pc with digital out,connect it to dac
start downloading flac ,you will get better quality than net radio!
ofcourse you can listen web radio on pc

Since we are at it, the SB3 was still never in the audiophile sector, until a company modified the SB2 and SB3 and merged it into one and released as 'SB+' for a whopping 1000 GBP and a true audiophile one. Have a look at it...

At-Tunes: Audio

to sort of end the loop and thank everybody who pitched in with their suggestions, here's what i've decided.

gonna junk the squeezebox plans. will instead ultimately move to the airport express wireless streaming solution.

reasons: for me digital will never match up to vinyl. so i sorted my priorities out. with my ipod i get to listen to my apple lossless digital library mornings walking. evenings will reserve for exploring new music via the internet or quality listening via vinyl. a squeezebox just for internet is a waste since anyway net streams are low quality. also the sb interface seems to have bugs whereas apple ooooooo mama mia! sexy to hell and back!

so ipod with lossless, pc with external hard disk for wav rips, moving to macbook later on. through either will stream internet through airport express which i've read reports on has fewer dropout issues than the sb cos of the n wireless version instead of the older b/g. the airport express is far smaller, freeing up rack space. and the digital out to a dac seems to be quite decent if i want to stream my wav rips. even stereophile or was it what hifi did a review on it and it came out more than decent. anyway digital is only background listening, quality listening through vinyl so its really a non-issue.

later on, get an iphone, and control the itunes library through the iphone as teky pointed out. superb interface! definitely nothing else can come close. even has voice prompts i can say 'play deep purple highway star and it will play the song. or ask it to play a particular playlist or even ask it what is currently playing without looking from what i'm going. no way the squeezebox or anything else can even come close to this :D

thanks to everybody, both on this thread and the hard disk recommendations thread i had started! your suggestions helped, pointed out new avenues for me to explore, helped me decide on something that meets my precise needs. :clapping:

also the sb interface seems to have bugs

fewer dropout issues than the sb cos of the n wireless version instead of the older b/g.

Bug, what bug. My SB3 is mindblowingly flexible and never bitten by any BUG. I think also with George's SB and others here. I guess the only bug bitten is AP Express bug on you, good luck.

And, yeah, whether its net radio or streaming from PC, I never had so far in one year any dropouts going wireless. Yes, coz of my 256k net speed, some 256k or 320k net radio streams often 'rebuffers', that's all about it.

Bug, what bug.

read about them for the new duet. am guessing yours is the classic? the remote controller hangs, take long for the screen to come to life after not being touched for a while. i mentioned in a previous post that these were issues from mostly 2008 reviews so perhaps they've been ironed out. anyway this is a small issue, the bigger issue for me is the price in relation to importance of digital, put into perspective with the other things i want to buy is more of a concern for me right now. :)

regards

later on, get an iphone, and control the itunes library through the iphone as teky pointed out. superb interface! definitely nothing else can come close. even has voice prompts i can say 'play deep purple highway star and it will play the song. or ask it to play a particular playlist or even ask it what is currently playing without looking from what i'm going. no way the squeezebox or anything else can even come close to this :D

Mr.Bond,

Are you sure the voice control works on the remote app too, I don't think so.
I thought the voice control only controlled the music on the Iphone and not once you've opened the Remote app. I'm offsite currently and couldn't check it, However will post results over the weekend.

hi teky,

not sure will check it out and await your feedback too. iphone only much later on, it'll come in handy for my language classes where i have a book in hand, have a particular lesson number which has a corresponding number and just call it out without lifting a finger :D. for streaming music, mostly will be straight through internet. but that's very very later on. laptop first needs to be figured out and the newly launched ipad look scrumptious for a light user like me. doesnt' seem to have inputs though for an external drive through usb...?

regards

hi teky,

not sure will check it out and await your feedback too. iphone only much later on, it'll come in handy for my language classes where i have a book in hand, have a particular lesson number which has a corresponding number and just call it out without lifting a finger :D. for streaming music, mostly will be straight through internet. but that's very very later on. laptop first needs to be figured out and the newly launched ipad look scrumptious for a light user like me. doesnt' seem to have inputs though for an external drive through usb...?

regards

I highly doubt that - At the moment the Voice control in 3GS can only make calls (Again very difficult to make it understand Indian names :D), can play a playlist or a particular album. May be Apple will include it in next OS, or may be iPad will do this. As you pointed out there is no way you could connect an external HDD into that as well which is a bummer.

Edit - Just found that you can get an Adapter to USB & SD Card connector, which was announced in the Keynote as well. So you could be a happy chap

Last edited:
Edit - Just found that you can get an Adapter to USB & SD Card connector, which was announced in the Keynote as well. So you could be a happy chap

ummm me just used to using gadgets. adapter to usb and sd card connector how would that be useful? to do...? which port of the ipad is used for it?

re the voice for music control, i remember seeing the iphone or was it itouch video on the apple site and jony ive was talking to the device telling it what to play and asking it what song was currently playing. lazy bugger :p

ummm me just used to using gadgets. adapter to usb and sd card connector how would that be useful? to do...? which port of the ipad is used for it?

You would have a charger port within Ipad (Similar to Iphone & Ipod) to which you can connect this very adapter which has ports to connect your USB Drives & SD Cards.

re the voice for music control, i remember seeing the iphone or was it itouch video on the apple site and jony ive was talking to the device telling it what to play and asking it what song was currently playing. lazy bugger :p

People can think he has gone mad, I only use it when on handsfree or driving otherwise it's a No, No

can you connect external hard disks to iphone/ ipod through this port? I doubt that, because apple's pricing is based on capacity in GB. ability to add external hdd will conflict that pricing policy.

You would have a charger port within Ipad (Similar to Iphone & Ipod) to which you can connect this very adapter which has ports to connect your USB Drives & SD Cards.

People can think he has gone mad, I only use it when on handsfree or driving otherwise it's a No, No

can you connect external hard disks to iphone/ ipod through this port? I doubt that, because apple's pricing is based on capacity in GB. ability to add external hdd will conflict that pricing policy.

anm - This for the iPad and not the Iphone & Ipod. I agree with your pricing policy of Apple really stupid, It's always $100 for doubling the memory :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back