Schiit Audio Diversifies Preamp Portfolio

raghupb

Schiit Audio, whose products have a loyal fan following (even on HFV), has diversified their preamp product portfolio.
- Saga has become Saga-S and Saga+ at $299 and $399
- Freya has become Freya-S and Freya+ at $599 and $899
Details can be found at www.schiit.com
The "S" line is solid state only while the "+" line is for tube designs.

As a fallout, the original Saga preamp (passive/JFET/Tube) is on closeout for $299 (originally $349).
Very tempting, as I have been on a hunt for a preamp for my rig.

Cheers,
Raghu

Apparently they plan to decide which preamps get retained in the lineup based on sales.

p.s. the outgoing Saga didn't have a JFET buffer - only a tube and a passive

Schiit Audio, whose products have a loyal fan following (even on HFV), has diversified their preamp product portfolio.
- Saga has become Saga-S and Saga+ at $299 and $399
- Freya has become Freya-S and Freya+ at $599 and $899
Details can be found at www.schiit.com
The "S" line is solid state only while the "+" line is for tube designs.

As a fallout, the original Saga preamp (passive/JFET/Tube) is on closeout for $299 (originally $349).
Very tempting, as I have been on a hunt for a preamp for my rig.

Cheers,
Raghu
Ordered a Freya + last week (to be handcarried from USA) , couldn't have been more happier, because the new one claims to have 20db reduction in noise floor; along with ability to switch off the Tube stage completely is added bonus! Though schiit does not explicitly mention, but by all means it is Freya version 2.

Interestingly, I had 5 options to buy Freya in last 3 months, but (now I feel ) luckily they did not work out. Everything happens for good. Will update the thread with initial impressions.

Ordered a Freya + last week (to be handcarried from USA) , couldn't have been more happier, because the new one claims to have 20db reduction in noise floor; along with ability to switch off the Tube stage completely is added bonus! Though schiit does not explicitly mention, but by all means it is Freya version 2.

Interestingly, I had 5 options to buy Freya in last 3 months, but (now I feel ) luckily they did not work out. Everything happens for good. Will update the thread with initial impressions.
Will await your impressions on Freya.
You would be the best one to compare it against the Saga, as you have heard it too.

Along with Saga/Freya from Schiit, the 200-pre from Parasound is also on my radar.
Cheers,
Raghu

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back