Schiit Magnius announced!

Unfortunately will be difficult to get hold locally , HPZ are no longer official distributors for Schiit products in India and there is no one else at the moment.

Why would you need a better power cable?
Cheers,
Raghu

I notice a positive improvement with a lessloss cable I own...in my stereo system.

I tried two pre amps (including a Freya+) and the pc made audible improvements.

so why would I not want to use a better cable?

Last edited:
Unfortunately will be difficult to get hold locally , HPZ are no longer official distributors for Schiit products in India and there is no one else at the moment.

Im a lil tempted to place a direct order. Have to pay customs but it shouldn’t be much given the low MRP

Freya takes in 120/230 V from wall via IEC
Other products like modi/magni and their newer avatars use step down AC/AC converters.
After stepping down to small AC, they internally switch it to DC using some convertor/filter.
Hopefully, they would have put filtering and NR around the switcher.
So yeah, you would lose out on this option. But these are not the regular SPMS wall warts.

Cheers,
Raghu

AP has a the Swara headphone amp - i wonder why that doesnt get any traction !

Its got rather good specs and balanced connections available too !

we seem to be more excited than Schitt itself on new launches !

:))

It is amazing to see the interest in a far away product that might in the end cost more than a equal or better local product !

The winners are the seller from USA / the distributor / the dealer - the losers the Indian manufacturer and the customer.

It is amazing to see the interest in a far away product that might in the end cost more than a equal or better local product !

The winners are the seller from USA / the distributor / the dealer - the losers the Indian manufacturer and the customer.

The traction would probably have to do with the amount of marketing effort put in too. I had never heard of AP till i was active on hifivision.

Also the interest in the above listed amp of Schiit is because it has loads of headroom as per the specs and that too at a very nominal price, cant comment on the performance as i have never heard the same.

More visibility and user reviews available for popular products.
AP, Lyrita, etc are niche local brands.
Many FMs first heard about these only on our forum.

Cheers,
Raghu

The traction would probably have to do with the amount of marketing effort put in too. I had never heard of AP till i was active on hifivision.

Also the interest in the above listed amp of Schiit is because it has loads of headroom as per the specs and that too at a very nominal price, cant comment on the performance as i have never heard the same.
Actually Schiit does not do marketing.
They are very active on head-fi.org forum.
Users do the marketing ;)
Win-win situation for a direct seller.

Cheers,
Raghu

Strange, the Schiit website still lists HPZ as the official Indian distributors for their products.
It’s a pity that their products have become scarce in India (hope it’s not for too long).

I am not too sure as why, you can see that all the products are listed as out of stock for Schiit on their website and HPZ commented that " Schiit is literally not likely to do shit. Don't count on it anytime soon " when enquired about the likelihood of having it here soon, so dont have your hopes high :D

Last edited:
have you validated this sir ?

there are few reviews out including one on audio science:

Actually Schiit does not do marketing.
They are very active on head-fi.org forum.
Users do the marketing ;)
Win-win situation for a direct seller.

Cheers,
Raghu

They have enough of a social presence (via user reviews, announcements) , enough for a small audiophile world i guess . If AP can have users do that i think they can really do much better, they already have me queued up for their AP Tube Pre :)

Read the reviews and specs. Impressive!!
Combine with Modius and you have a balanced Schiit Stack for $400

Cheers,
Raghu

The traction would probably have to do with the amount of marketing effort put in too.

a counter question - has Schiit put in any marketing effort on this forum ? '

If the answer is no - they why do they get reviews etc... and an Indian manufacturer doesnt get the same privilege from prospective Indian buyers ?

I see the OP commenting - "excellent" product before trying it and 1 more member supporting some reviews done on another forum mostly by a guy whom he has never met or will meet and understand the definitions or meanings of the adjectives used in the supposed review.

I hope you see where i am coming from.

I see Lyrita here - but they dont get much traction as well and they REMAIN a niche product while a foreign company expands into the Indian market on somebody's hearsay !

nice !

Hi, I already own 2 of AP products- Swara DAC and Swara Tube Pre. Both are great VFM products.

Thanks,
Sreejith

why dont you do a nice review with photos etc...

why not puncture the excuse that there are no reviews ?

Let me be clear - I am not AP and am in no way associated with them

But i am certainly interested in Indian brands getting more attention.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back