Seagate Authorized Repair in Bangalore

soulofmusic

Hi All,

My Seagate Home NAS 2TB has failed :sad::sad::sad::sad:

It is still under warranty. So can anyone please let me know about the Authorized Service Centre of Seagate in Bangalore?

I contacted "Amatra Digital Gadgets Private Limited", but they said they will only replace the harddisk and not repair it, which will mean loss of all the data I have gathered with so much patience :sad::sad:

Pls. help..

Well there is no official Seagate repair center or any such thing,You have to get the data recovered by a third party (Data Recovery Center) ! That is the only option.

But please be aware that before you give any HDD for such recovery you need write a letter to Seagate and take their permission (As some data recovery centers remove the platters of the HDD to recover the data,meaning open the HDD) without which the warranty voids immediately !

After the data is recovered you need to get the Seagate letter printed along with the data recovery centers letter stating what work they did to recover the data,Failing to do so again will mean rejection of your HDD from acceptance.

Seagate is the biggest pain in the rear when it comes to policies and also THE MOST FAILED drives in the recent times !!

So please be very careful and don't take any chances.................

The correct procedure is to get an RMA number first, then send it to their warranty centre which will replace it. Please understand the difference between recovering data from a disk that has not failed and a disk that has failed. No mfr of disks will undertake to replace or recover data-all they will do is to replace the faulty disk.Once you understand their terms then you can take it forward.

Having said that, I got a 3TB Seagate replaced a few months ago under warranty.It was bought in the US and they would only replace it if taken back there, which I did.

I have got a email confirmation from Seagate that I can get the Data Recovery done at a Data Recovery Centre, but they would need a letter from them stating the disk was opened for Data Recovery.

Now, where do I get that letter from? I dont want to pay 1000s for data recovery. I think I would be able to fix it on my own (if its a circuit failure) but I would need a letter for data recovery centre. Whom can I approach? Any reasonable centre out there?

Slightly Off Topic .... or maybe not..

EVERY SeaGate Drive that I bought over the past 3 years has failed. Every Repaired Drive I got back from them Also failed. Hence I lost data Twice and have sworn NEVR to use a SeaGate HDD even if I get it free ( My data is more valauable, not to mention the 2 weeks down time and the aggravation).

The point I am making is forget the SeaGate warranty... even when they restore your HDD and return it to you ( They Do NOT REPLACE with a new one ) that restored HDD is just not reliable and worth another cycle of despair.

1. Just get your data recovered.

2. Junk the !@#$%&* Seagate after Data Recovery. Dont bother with their worthless 'warranty' and huge paper work.

3. Buy another NON Seagate HDD.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back