Search for entry level floorstanders : Dali Zensor 7

@grunthos: it came like this, zensor 3 pair was 27k, zensor 1 pair was 21k and zensor vocal for center was 18.6k.

Later i got the dali e12f sub for 46k.

I almost went for the zensor 5 for fronts, but then was advised against it as my listening distance was approx 8 ft and zensor 5 would be overpowering in a small setup. So went for zensor 3.. It has one of the 7 inch drivers from zensor 7 and the same tweeter, afaik.

Sir,which dealer has given you Z 3 @ 27K?:indifferent14:

Please share the contacts

Will be highly obliged.

Hello grunthos,

Hope your Dali 7 are still rocking. I auditioned them today and was very impressed. I have never heard any speaker play heavy metal / rock music like that. Bass was good, tight and clear......chest hitting thumps. Vocals clear and the highs were very crisp and airy. But the demo guy had only Yamaha A-S500 amp. Though the sound was good, I felt the Yamaha a little underpowered to drive the DZ7. It was good on DZ5 though. Thinking about NAD 356 with DAC, it should drive them easy. Are you using an AVR or an amp. I prefer the amp as my main listening is only for music. Please do share some experiences and it will be nice to read your update.

Hope your Dali 7 are still rocking. I auditioned them today and was very impressed. I have never heard any speaker play heavy metal / rock music like that. Bass was good, tight and clear......chest hitting thumps

V Nice :) Vipul audio, Kilpauk ? And you retain your interest in the 2605s after that audition :D

Oh, and having gone the integrated amp with DAC route I must point out that maybe separates are the way to go. Surely at some point you will want to hear a different DAC

ciao
gr

Last edited:
Hello grunthos,

Hope your Dali 7 are still rocking. I auditioned them today and was very impressed. I have never heard any speaker play heavy metal / rock music like that. Bass was good, tight and clear......chest hitting thumps. Vocals clear and the highs were very crisp and airy. But the demo guy had only Yamaha A-S500 amp. Though the sound was good, I felt the Yamaha a little underpowered to drive the DZ7. It was good on DZ5 though. Thinking about NAD 356 with DAC, it should drive them easy. Are you using an AVR or an amp. I prefer the amp as my main listening is only for music. Please do share some experiences and it will be nice to read your update.

Apologies for replying so late
No major updates to report. I am using it with an AVR (Denon X1000), as we consume a lot of videos. Though initially I felt the X1000 was adequate, lately I have begun to feel that it is slightly underpowered. Not enough to make me want to spend a lot of money upgrading, but just something nice to have

One slight downer in experience has been changing of houses a few months back. In the new house, central placement is not possible, and hence the speakers are slightly off centre. It has limited the listening sweetspot. The other downside (again room related) is that the living room is completely glass on 1.5 sides - got a decent balcony outside. That has altered the sound signature a bit, possibly from the reflections. Not enough to consider changing stuff, but noticeable.

And the most curious thing i have discovered, is to do with curtains. The left speaker is close to curtains. On windy days, when the curtains billow in front of the left speaker, there is a sharp decrease in the sound from the left !! I am astonished how much sound the curtains absorb

Other than that, still extremely happy with the Dali Zensor 7s. Sounds great on all genres we have played so far, and movies sound fantastic too

(The 30sec scene at the end of Dark Knight Rises, when Robin discovers the batcave and Alfred spots Bruce Wayne in Paris .... the soundtrack reaches a magnificent crescendo :clapping:)

(or the racing scenes from the movie Rush - the engines sounds insane in the room :yahoo:)

Hi grunthos i have a room of 12x14ft... I auditioned dali zensor 5 and loved them... But my listening distance would be around 10 ft from them if i get them.. What do you think will they sound muddy or fine?

Hi grunthos i have a room of 12x14ft... I auditioned dali zensor 5 and loved them... But my listening distance would be around 10 ft from them if i get them.. What do you think will they sound muddy or fine?

I listen from about 9 ft across. (I have a more tube like room though)

I can say confidently that without room treatment and maybe DRC you are ***never*** going to hear what it and the rest of your rig/ money could really sound like. But that took me quite some time to work out, and I have to say that I initially liked what I had just put into the room, a while back

ciao
gr

I am myself a novice into hifi world, and this is my first rig
But I think the Zensor 5/7 have such innate likeability that they sound brilliant in most scenarios

For a 10ft listening distance the Zensor 5 should be fine
Also, the Zensor 5's bass is sharper than the Zensor 7, so that should help things too

I am myself a novice into hifi world, and this is my first rig
But I think the Zensor 5/7 have such innate likeability that they sound brilliant in most scenarios

For a 10ft listening distance the Zensor 5 should be fine
Also, the Zensor 5's bass is sharper than the Zensor 7, so that should help things too

Fully agree with you about the bass on the DZ 5 versus DZ 7. DZ 5 really opens up with even 40 - 50 watters. Even with the NAD 356 at 11 O clock, the DZ 5 did not miss a beat or note whether playing Iron Maiden / Tchaikovsky / MS Subbalakshmi.

DZ 7 needs more juice to express itself IMHO.

Hi Grunthos,

I am looking to setup a home theatre package at my home and after looking at your post and the detailed review I got tempted to check out the Dali Zensor 5. But looks like they are not available in Bangalore. Do you or anyone know where I can audition them and get it? Is there a risk in getting the product from Amazon from an after sales service perspective?

Regards,
-Prakash.

I am sure i have read this somewhere but i am unable to find the reference. Is it possible to place the Dali 5 / 7 against the wall? Dali website recommends 20-80cm. However, some of the gallery images do show the FS backed up to the wall.

@ nprakash
Did you get a chance to audition Z5s? Please share your experience.

OK since this thread talks about Z7 thought of updating here .

Recently bought Marantz NR1606, slimline series to pair up with Z7 as fronts and Vokal as center. Surrounds - polk 110b and possible atmos - JBL Control one. So far I did not find any difficulty for the slimline series to drive my Z7 + rest of the speakers, though there were few comments that a slimline series will have difficulty in driving the floor standers. I listen from low to moderate volume only.

Not sure if I am fully been able to extract the Z7 performance, but for me so far, I did not find any strain in driving them with my slimline receiver with SVS PB1000 to take care of traffic below 80hz.

On a separate note, I am using much powerful SR6009 to drive Z3 as fronts and boston xs satellite for surrounds in my small bed room setup. Oh did i missing a center speaker here ? - Well, I just tried moving one of my polk surround (from main hall) to experiment as center as it's relatively a small bedroom, just to fill up the gap, and so far i did not see any alarmingly mismatch (though there is a popular belief to match your LCR). Since I am using this set up only for watching more of regional movies and less action, I am OK with this setup with no subs (driving Z3 & Polk 110B in full mode).

Weekend movie watching in main hall with slimline setup for ATMOS experience (ofcourse moving the Polk110b which serves as a center speaker in my bedroom during weekdays to its original surround position in the main Hall)

Confusing ? ;)

Why is the dali group silent? I am seeing already a forum member selling his Dali Zensor 5! Any new upgrades on dali front on this group ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back