Seeking advice and a guru on Tube rolling

Analogous

I got curious about tube sound and got a couple of inexpensive tube amps.
They sound very nice with the new Indiq audio diamond Achals.
Now after a couple of months I am curious after hearing about how sound changes with different tubes.
I know nothing about this and hence this plea for guidance…HELP!

I got curious about tube sound and got a couple of inexpensive tube amps.
They sound very nice with the new Indiq audio diamond Achals.
Now after a couple of months I am curious after hearing about how sound changes with different tubes.
I know nothing about this and hence this plea for guidance…HELP!
Three people i know who can guide you here is Mr Samir ji @yogibear, Harsha @har297 & Mr Shridhar Kunte.
The Amount of knowledge these guys carry with tubes is just mind blowing.

Thanks but I have limited experience and knowledge but am learning regularly and exploring. @Prodigy please share details on your each amp and what tubes are you using currently. I will try to help.
Hi @yogibear,
@Prodigy suggested your name, Any suggestions/advice would be helpful as I am basically starting from zero.
I have a Fatman Itube integrated amp (I think it has a tube Power amp section) and
A Japanese (?) Tube integrated amp called Le Mon (I have not been able to find any information on this except that it has tubes.
Both drive the Indiq audio Diamond Achals with no difficulty (they are rated at 95.5db at 1metre and 8 ohms)
I will share some pictures of them soon.

The first two pictures are of the Le Mon amp.
The third is of the Fatman itube amp
I am not confident opening up the protective covers on the tubes so am not able to read the numbers on the tubes.
Maybe what I need is a Bangalore based tube warrior with a load of patience.

Attachments

• 1B6B07E4-6DFA-44A2-A0D2-51DD9406E2F1.jpeg
    1B6B07E4-6DFA-44A2-A0D2-51DD9406E2F1.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 23024376-D88E-4515-86CC-60E95DB6FE44.jpeg
    23024376-D88E-4515-86CC-60E95DB6FE44.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 34
  • C9FED5C8-EF55-466B-8440-BB355D77AE47.jpeg
    C9FED5C8-EF55-466B-8440-BB355D77AE47.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34
Opening the Tube covers wouldn't be a problem. They are just protective shields, To prevent damage to tubes and to prevent accidental burning of user.

BTW, You can't do tube rolling without opening them, Do you?! :)

P.S. Tube Numbers can be found online too from the specs!

The third amp, a " Fatman " is a hybrid amp. It uses a 6N1P input tube for each channel, and a solid state ( under a dollar ) audio amplifier chip, as the output stage. The third tube does nothing but change it's display - as power changes. Not a bad sounding inexpensive amp. Look at the size of the Power Transformer . I have two of them, sitting - unused.

Jeff

The third amp, a " Fatman " is a hybrid amp. It uses a 6N1P input tube for each channel, and a solid state ( under a dollar ) audio amplifier chip, as the output stage. The third tube does nothing but change it's display - as power changes. Not a bad sounding inexpensive amp. Look at the size of the Power Transformer . I have two of them, sitting - unused.

Jeff
So you are saying it’s a cheap and good/not bad sounding amp and you have two you bought but don’t use?
I am looking for suggestions to upgrade the tubes for a changed sound if possible?
I would be grateful if you could share any experience or suggestions on this.

Last edited:
Opening the Tube covers wouldn't be a problem. They are just protective shields, To prevent damage to tubes and to prevent accidental burning of user.

BTW, You can't do tube rolling without opening them, Do you?! :)

P.S. Tube Numbers can be found online too from the specs!
You are right, that’s why I am thinking I need a kind and patient tube expert in Bangalore with other sympathetic experts chipping in with helpful suggestions online.

I also have the Fatman and had purchased some replacement tubes. Will check and tell you, but options are limited.
I did not try them though as I am not a fan of tube sound

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back