Seeking Advice on Amp and Media Player

Gos

Hi all... music for me is jazz and classical (both Indian and Western). Have gone through the exhaustive source of mind boggling information on this forum. Took the oft repeated advice and checked out the sound quality for a number of speakers. Jazz sounded more-or-less the same on most speakers while Indian and Western classical gave me a headache with respect to choosing speakers as no single brand/make gave excellent quality of output for BOTH (to my ears, that is!). Have finally figured out that Wharferdale 10.7 fits my requirement. My living room is 30x15, the flooring is marble while there is a generous splash of teak and deodar furniture Wharf 10.7 sounded good in the room.

This is to request forum members to kindly advice on what stereo amplifier (dont have a TV and never will so I dont want an AVR) and CD/ DVD player (which one is better for audio?) should I go for. Also, should I go for two separate units or a combo?

My combined budget for the two is around 30-40K. Grateful for your suggestions.

Thanks.

Go for the Rs.39900/- Marantz 5004 Combo on Hifimart. Will pair well with Wharfedale and offer much better quality compared to a combo hi fi system.

If you want to use mostly a Laptop or Media NAS like the Vortexbox I am using. You can even go in for a 15 - 20 K DAC and convert an old PC or Laptop into NAS.

Thanks guys. I don't mind upping the budget a tad higher for the amp and CD player... any suggestions? In your opinion, what is a perfect pairing for a Wharf 10.7?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back