Seeking suggestions on CD-DVD player to match my stereo system

Analogous

Hi,

Hope you are doing all the right things to keep the viruses at bay while enjoying the resurgent sounds of nature and human made music.

I have a collection of CDs and DVDs which I haven’t used for two years. I sold the Marantz UD5007 at that time and past few months I have been thinking of my lovingly collected CD collection stored safely.

I want To get a decent player to use with my system which comprises of a Naim integrated and Adam audio speakers. I would definitely prefer a pre Owned unit with a decent DAC implementation, less than 5 years old.

As a lot of us have moved to streaming I see a lot of used CD/Blu Ray transports for sale ranging from a couple of thousand Rupees to eye watering prices. I am struggling to find a way to choose.

I wanted to ask FMs about what would be a good match and what to check before I buy preowned.

Please suggest, (your reasons why, would be very helpful)

If you see a lot of used CD/Blu Ray transports for sale ranging from a couple of thousand Rupees to eye watering prices, then please list out. It wont be difficult to pick the best.

Hi Sanjib, Thanks. listing out from a search on OLX is easy, but suppose I had a budget of 15-20k, how would I choose from among them? I am concerned about the state of the lens, the tray, motor and other moving mechanical parts. I suppose the only way to find out is restrict my list to local sellers and then to go check them out one by one.

A search on OLX shows

over 2500 items for CD players
over 600 items for DVD players, and
over 300 items for BluRay players

(these are all over India)

Back