Sennheiser HD800 for Rs.58880 or even lower

It's not so much the heart as the wallet! :lol:

If you want to know what some of the wallets stretch to, check out the prices of Stax. And do remember that you have to buy the amplifier as well as the phones. Tens of lakhs?

Wallet allowing, I am actually, at this time, willing to spend more on headphones than on speakers, because they get a lot more use.

I wonder if anyone bought. And I wonder if anyone got them at that price, or if they turned out to be mysteriously suddenly out of stock. Flipkart may the best we have, but they are not perfect.

Or... maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better :lol:

I wonder if anyone bought. And I wonder if anyone got them at that price, or if they turned out to be mysteriously suddenly out of stock. Flipkart may the best we have, but they are not perfect.

Or... maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better :lol:

I bought the 650s. The 800s were tempting and with the recent sale of my stereo setup, I had the cash as well. However, I decided not to give in to the temptation of buying the 800s just because I could. The deal on the 650s was great as well and they create a nice stepping stone to summit-fi. Planning to go in for an all-Schiit electronics combination for the 650s. Need to raise a bit more cash so expect another FS thread soon! :lol:

EDIT: Haven't received them yet. Will start a new thread once I do.

bluu - how much did you pay for 650?

Two days ago HD650's along with a Rs 299 USB speakers combo deal was for some 22800/- and the seller was WS Retail.
Today the seller is different and the price is almost 10 grand more.

The next best deal for the HD650's is on dejavutrends.com at Rs 25,852. The price was consistent there and they had further 700 off coupon during holi which is now expired (so watch out for tiny discounts for festivals and national holidays).

Without a good headphone amp, I am afraid the hd800 will be like the Ferrari on Indian roads.

G0bble

I have a headphone amp. I might have had the chance to test how good it is against the HD 800s if I had been less timid :eek:

The FlipKart HD800 index is currently at... 31%off: Rs.64,999 but no crazy-stupid-crazy combo offers with even lower prices.

No, I don't check this thing every day :eek: :lol: :eek:. I just look occasionally and think, Maybe, If...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back