Mid: n/a
Tweeter: 28mm dome

Power Handling (RMS): 100W

Nominal Imp.: 6 ohm

Sensitivity: 90dB

Freq Response: 55Hz-20kHz

Size (HxWxD) mm: 385 x 210 x 245

Description
The Atlantic series from Wharfedale is a powerhouse of music. Exceptional sensitivity means that every ounce of musical detail is conveyed to the listener.

The query is

1)Are these senisitive?I mean can Topping drive it? What about a low power tube amp? ( I was planning to buy Rickvs Wharfs ,only low sensitivity put me down.

2) Any feedback on sound? I never heard about these speakers

3) Can I drive it with 8 ohm amp?

Hello Hemanthji

I think the atlantic 200 is a 2 way BS speaker

I used to drive my 8.2 with a lyrita 15 watt tube amp and it was more then enough if not a perfect pairing. If the speakers are 90 db sensitivity, there should not be any problem driving them with a low powered amp

Some reviews on amazon

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wharfedale Atlantic 200 Bookshelf Loudspeaker (Maple with Black Accents, 1 pair)

Yours 8.2was

86 dB sensitivity; 6-ohm impedance right?

So 90DB should be better right?

Yours 8.2was

86 dB sensitivity; 6-ohm impedance right?

So 90DB should be better right?

Yeah the 8.2 is 86 db sensitivity and 6 ohm impedance

I dont know the exact formula, but every 2 or 3 db increase in sensitivity means the at the same volume the output would be double

So that way at say 9 oclock volume the atlantic should be quiet louder then the 8.2.

Last edited:
Yeah the 8.2 is 86 db sensitivity and 6 ohm impedance

I dont know the exact formula, but every 2 or 3 db increase in sensitivity means the at the same volume the output would be double

So that way at say 9 oclock volume the atlantic should be quiet louder then the 8.2.

every 3dB increase is twice the power or half the power required if the speaker is 3dB more efficient. Audible perception of twice the volume of sound occurs around 10dB increase.
Try and search for the impedance curve of these speakers and see what is the lowest dipping point. While its a good assumption that 90dB at 6 ohms should be easier to drive, this is not guarunteed at all as the impedance dip could be very low or there could be a complex phase presented to the amp. See if you can try it out first

cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back