Service - Authorised vs Local

silentsound

All,

Recently my CA dvd89 dvd player started freezing and skipping tracks quite frequently. I called the dealer I bought the dvd player from and he directed my to the authorised distributor. Distributor suspected that I might have to go for a new lens and asked me to ship it to Delhi. The estimated cost to be around 5k. And also the repair doesn't come with any warranty. I found out that the new player would cost around 11k.

Then I asked a local av shop who is also a authorised service centre for brands like Panasonic, kenwood, alphine etc. Looked at the player and suspected the lens to be the problem. They replaced it for 1.5k and did it in a week. Now the player seems to be working well. The picture quality is crisp and clear.

I'm hoping I made the right decision.

Regards
SilentSound.

Last edited:
All,

Recently my CA dvd89 dvd player started freezing and skipping tracks quite frequently. I called the dealer I bought the dvd player from and he directed my to the authorised distributor. Distributor suspected that I might have to go for a new lens and asked me to ship it to Delhi. The estimated cost to be around 5k. And also the repair doesn't come with any warranty. I found out that the new player would cost around 11k.

Then I asked a local av shop who is also a authorised service centre for brands like Panasonic, kenwood, alphine etc. Looked at the player and suspected the lens to be the problem. They replaced it for 1.5k and did it in a week. Now the player seems to be working well. The picture quality is crisp and clear.

I'm hoping I made the right decision.

Regards
SilentSound.

I would second your decision. At the end of the day performance is what matters and money spent on anything is justified only if the item performs and performs well. However, there is absolutely no reason to pay more when you can get the same performance at a lower cost!!!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back