Service technicians referral thread

Okay I knew one who repaired a Sony Blu Ray player for me but he is in andheri west.
Would make no sense coming all the way from panvel , Thane till Andheri

Just incase you can, here is the name.and address

Raj Electronics
Ceasar Rd, near Shivesena Office,
Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400058
Tel - 09664073020
Hi @rikhav ...wanted to update that i was able to repair my Bluray player from this shop. Raj was very friendly and although he took some time for repair, he was able to repair it. I was unable to get it repaired in Singapore. Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Friends,
I need to service my Panasonic transistor cum amplifier which also has a cassette player.It is working but I think it may need a general service.I request our friends to kindly suggest a technician in Chennai.
Thanking you,
pksnathan

Hi Guys!
Any referral to seasoned & reputed technician who has experience fixing Yamaha stereo amps in Mumbai is earnestly solicited.

Thanks in advance.

Yes Mr. Jonny is very much available as i called him today as i got my Marantz reciever remote not responding may be due to some moisture issues. He was very kind enough and told me will look in to the issue once this lock down gets over...

Vishud, Naval Base, Kochi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody suggest a technician in chennai who can fix my Denon AVR-1507 (non HDMI)??

Earlier the receiver display went on and off randomly.. problem is when the display goes off I am not able to control volume.. however the receiver works fine.. I used to quickly increase volume to required level after which I don't bother about display...

But suddenly the display is not coming up at all but the receiver is switching on.. due to this I am not able to increase the volume from its default -80db.. making the receiver unusable now..

Note: I don't have a budget to get a new receiver now since I just got a new TV..

Just to inform all,,, Mr.Syed ( earlier with philips arena, chennai ) : 98401 58607 no more with philips. He will be doing the service at his residence privately. As everybody know he is very good technician for tube amps and high end amplifier.. He is not keen in doing Home theatre systems.

Just to inform all,,, Mr.Syed ( earlier with philips arena, chennai ) : 98401 58607 no more with philips. He will be doing the service at his residence privately. As everybody know he is very good technician for tube amps and high end amplifier.. He is not keen in doing Home theatre systems.

Will he service my Denon AVR-1507 ?

Can anybody suggest a technician in chennai who can fix my Denon AVR-1507 (non HDMI)??

Earlier the receiver display went on and off randomly.. problem is when the display goes off I am not able to control volume.. however the receiver works fine.. I used to quickly increase volume to required level after which I don't bother about display...

But suddenly the display is not coming up at all but the receiver is switching on.. due to this I am not able to increase the volume from its default -80db.. making the receiver unusable now..

Note: I don't have a budget to get a new receiver now since I just got a new TV..

Hi Kechi,
Based on whatever you say it could be a simple loose contact inside. Diplay plug which may need to be firmly (NOT HARD) reinserted. No harm in trying.

Also use the on screen display from AVR monitor out to TV video in. You should be able to see all controls on the TV screen.

I am not sure if this model Denon AVR-1507 has a video out for onscreen display as this is a non HDMI model. Let me check it though.

HDMI does not matter. You should have composite/s video monitor out on your AVR. If you check your user manual or check the back of your AVR, that should confirm availability or not.

I am not sure if this model Denon AVR-1507 has a video out for onscreen display as this is a non HDMI model. Let me check it though.

Just an update on the above issue on my A/V receiver, I have given the receiver yesterday to "Mantra Video" Mylapore, Chennai for checking the issue. They have informed it will take a week to check and resolve the issue as the guy said that they work on one receiver at a time. So going by the current queue it will be max 7 days for my receiver.

I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Hi John,

Please contact Mr. Jonny, Fort Cochin @ +91-9847676840. He is a seasoned technician specialized in AVRs and studio equipment.

Thanks,
Bibin
Hi Bibin, I am based in Kochi. The front display panel of my NAD CD Player is coming loose from one end. Does NAD have any service facility here or someone can help? Can Mr Jonny help with this. The panel just needs to be put in place.

Okay I knew one who repaired a Sony Blu Ray player for me but he is in andheri west.
Would make no sense coming all the way from panvel , Thane till Andheri

Just incase you can, here is the name.and address

Raj Electronics
Ceasar Rd, near Shivesena Office,
Amboli, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400058
Tel - 09664073020
Does he repair AVRs too? Or anybody else closer to Goregaon, Mumbai?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back