Service technicians referral thread

I’d like to refurbish/recap my old Denon PMA720 integrated.
Any good technician preferably in South Mumbai?
Thanks in advance

Mr Johny is very professional and very affordable, I got my Marantz and Cambrdige speakers repaired from him and he is the ultimate person to look towards for any higher end gadgets repair may be in whole kerala. Highly recommend and high appreciation.

Can you guys recommend any technician in Coimbatore.
Need to replace few caps in my NAD integrated.

Hi Guys,
Any reliable technician in Mumbai who knows his way around vintage amps, especially VFET-based amplifiers that were manufactured by Sony & Yamaha.

Thanks in advance.
Aaron

Just an update on the above issue on my A/V receiver, I have given the receiver yesterday to "Mantra Video" Mylapore, Chennai for checking the issue. They have informed it will take a week to check and resolve the issue as the guy said that they work on one receiver at a time. So going by the current queue it will be max 7 days for my receiver.

I will keep you updated on how it goes.
Did it work out well with Mantra Video? Are these guys reliable and do a thorough job?

Did it work out well with Mantra Video? Are these guys reliable and do a thorough job?

I am not sure how reliable they are but I can confirm they resolved my AVR issues (power and display) and I am pretty satisfied..

The only problem I faced was the delay (30 days) but it was due to lockdown since they were unable to get the required parts to chennai.. but it's been almost 2 months since I got it after service and it's working fine till now.. I am using it regularly atleast on every weekends..

Mr Johny is very professional and very affordable, I got my Marantz and Cambrdige speakers repaired from him and he is the ultimate person to look towards for any higher end gadgets repair may be in whole kerala. Highly recommend and high appreciation.
Does he service calicut district?

I am not sure how reliable they are but I can confirm they resolved my AVR issues (power and display) and I am pretty satisfied..

The only problem I faced was the delay (30 days) but it was due to lockdown since they were unable to get the required parts to chennai.. but it's been almost 2 months since I got it after service and it's working fine till now.. I am using it regularly atleast on every weekends..
Thanks for the feedback

Panasonic plasma p42s10d 7 blink issue Can anyone suggest a good tv technician in Thrissur? I am aware of Johnny sir in kochi but it is atleast 340 kms (2 trips total) and would prefer a good local tech if possible. Thanks in advance.

Hi friends,

Please suggest a reliable/reasonable service technician or repair center to repair my Yamaha RX V450 in Delhi.

It goes OFF and comes ON randomly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mr Lingeswaran, Power electronics, Adyar, Chennai has helped revive my 30 year old Sony Hifi stereo amp. He is reliable and thorough. Recommended. He can be reached at 044-24918167

Mr Lingeswaran, Power electronics, Adyar, Chennai has helped revive my 30 year old Sony Hifi stereo amp. He is reliable and thorough. Recommended. He can be reached at 044-24918167
Based on the above recommendations, I took my Cambridge Audio DVD99 player and DENON AVR-1611 - 360 W to him.
DVD player was made good by replacing the following items:
1) Laser eye unit replaced 2) Open / Close mechanism motor was jamned. Replaced.
Now it is working fine. Reasonably charged. and he took only a week to get it repaired. I am fully satisfied with his service.

Denon Receiver AVR-1611 - with hdmi sockets - I did not get audio output only from Front RH speaker. Others are ok.
It was reported that the mother board needs replacement and as this unit was originally procured from China, he contacted his dealer in China but received a reply back stating that the item can not be sent due to the prevailing Govt. restrictions. He showed me the correspondence details too.

Can anyone suggest alternative salvage measures, please ?

Hi friends,

My Marantz SR 7011, has started giving issues since sunday. Basically no sound is heard even when playing CD's or mp3 from usb drive of the cd player or even while playing movies from the bluray player though the picture is displayed.
It plays around 1 or 2 songs, then the sound goes & comes intermittently & then there is absolutely no sound. The no. of channels also don't show up on the display.
Checked the wires, cables & input devices, all seem fine. Even changed from Hdmi to RCA cable to rule out Hdmi issues but the problem persists. It could be a moisture issue as I use it generally only once a week.
Can someone refer a good technician between Andheri to Dadar in Mumbai. I am ruling out Marantz service center as there is a pile of avr's stacked over there & I wont get mine repaired in 2021. Besides they mostly replace boards rather than repairing. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nitin

Jospeph Audio Video services, Building no. 6, Shop no. 2A, Kukreja Complex, Bhandup (W), Mumbai 400 078. Mobile no. 9820065307.
Repairing Denon is his specialty. Lots of Denons in his workshop.

Hi friends,

My Marantz SR 7011, has started giving issues since sunday. Basically no sound is heard even when playing CD's or mp3 from usb drive of the cd player or even while playing movies from the bluray player though the picture is displayed.
It plays around 1 or 2 songs, then the sound goes & comes intermittently & then there is absolutely no sound. The no. of channels also don't show up on the display.
Checked the wires, cables & input devices, all seem fine. Even changed from Hdmi to RCA cable to rule out Hdmi issues but the problem persists. It could be a moisture issue as I use it generally only once a week.
Can someone refer a good technician between Andheri to Dadar in Mumbai. I am ruling out Marantz service center as there is a pile of avr's stacked over there & I wont get mine repaired in 2021. Besides they mostly replace boards rather than repairing. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Nitin
Yes, MZ Service center in Bandra (the official service center in Mumbai) speaks no other language but of changing the boards, which forces us to think for a new one.

Yes, MZ Service center in Bandra (the official service center in Mumbai) speaks no other language but of changing the boards, which forces us to think for a new one.
I have been keeping my avr on almost everyday for an hour and it has bounced back to its original 80%. So atleast I can use it now. Moisture was the issue.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back