Setting up a new HT system around a borrowed Denon 2307

thyepoch

Advice on which speakers to buy..

Hi Guys,

Okay so from scratch my friend is letting me borrow his spare AVR while i do my studying. its a Denon 2307, which will serve my purpose well (till he takes it back and im back here trying to choose the best AVR - another day)

i have been recommended a pair of floor standers - Yamaha N8900 for about 11k. it seems like a good deal. i figure i can get these now, and then i can slowly build around it. The sound is quite bassy and seems decent for movies, and i wont need a sub.

alternatively i found a deal for Jamo S416 + HCS (2 BS and C) for 23k.
i haven't auditioned the Jamo's yet but from all indication it seems to not have such a good rep.

My room is about 15ft x 20ft so is reasonably large and i mostly plan to use this setup to watch movies and the xbox as well. music is a secondary (though i guess once its setup it will become more prevalent).

just wondering, if on a low budget what do you recommend. The Jamo's just seem simple and affordable. any other alternative for maybe FS <15k?

objective thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
So basically i havent heard any thing good about the yamaha, but i will go and audition on sunday and see for myself.

the jamo s 416 still seems like a decent pack, specially at the price 23k for the 5.0. and since most of my use will be movies etc this should work out. are there any other pack's i should consider?

anyone has a jamo the s 416 i can audition by the way?
thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back