Setting up a system

itsnotloudenough

Hi, I am new here. Also looking at my first home theatre system now! Spent several evenings browsing through the pages and essentially what they tell me is that HTIBs are good only if cost is a key constraint. Most fans would want separates, which is quite an ocean of research. Ok so here are the details of what i need:

The room is about 10x17 - quite a rectangle! the system will sit in the centre of the 17foot wall. The square area for a 4 speaker set should thus be around 6x10.

I like listening to some rock, country, fusion instrumental and some hindi music ranging from the golden oldies to the newer ones. The thing is i want to spend some time with the Beethoven - Mozart variety now as well in addition to the buddha bar stuff.

I will get a 32 inch LCD and am reasonably interested in the Samsung or Panasonic. TV viewing is not the agenda, hence i would prefer that i do not need to switch on the TV for the system to work. I also want to get a laptop for the room. the TV and the laptop should hook up onto the system easily.

Now for the system, i do not have a very large budget at this point, but can phase things out and hence buy stuff over time. So assuming i have a smallish budget of around 25 to 30k for now (i am not making this easy i know) what do you suggest?

Also i live in mumbai - so help with store details will be great as well.

Ok - these are the ones i am considering:

Yamaha: YHT - 292 for Rs 26k without the DVD payer - Here i have been told that the AMP is a good one but the speakers are poor thats is how the pricing works out - any suggestions for better combinations
Philips: HTS - 3371 for Rs 16,000 all included
Sony: DAV TZ 200 - Rs 12700

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back