Setting up a system

idaniel66

Hi, I am keen on setting up a music and video system. Thinking of NAD/Pioneer source, CA/Marantz Amp, Wharfedale Diamond, and finally either Panasonic Plasma or Philips/Hitachi/Sony(EX400) LCD. Interested in piano/trumpets/guitar /violin recitals kind of music..should be able to feel the sound, see good pictures a replacement for the CRT, which to me gives better video quality than most lcd (no blur, lag)..but does lack in form..HTS is not really the need. Need to keep costs in consideration.

Should anyone have experience in making a selection of this sort, please suggest a budget and best sources..

Thank you.

please suggest a budget and best sources..

For 50k - Stereo

CA 340A/CA 340C/MS 902i (BS)
CA 340A/CA 340C/Diamond 9.1/9.2 (BS)

or

CA 650A/650C/Aviano 6 (FS)
CA 650A/650C/Mezzo 6 (FS)

or

Marantz PM5003/CD5003/Diamond 9.1/9.2 (BS)
Marantz PM6003/CD6003/Diamond 9.5/9.6/Aviano 6/8 (FS)

or

NAD ? Suggestions to follow...

:)

Last edited:
Thanks, I was of similar opinion Marantz/Diamond should work well together..i can afford 1L in all. should give me about 50-60K for all minus screen.

Hi:

You can also consider used option of MA RS1 driven by a NAD 372 integrated, excellent combination, very musical, indeed. I think NAD by our forum member 'thevortex'.

MA RS1 is here

:)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back