Setting up an HT system

madhugops

i am planning to set up a home theater system at my place. the room area in question is about 256 sq ft. some of the basic requirements

- initially looking for a set of floor standers and a sub woofer. the consumption is mainly music
- a good AV receiver with at least 4 HDMI out; not into gaming yet but cannot rule the future out
- plan to add a center and satellites to expand to a 5.1 setup based on spending ability in the future
- budget - around 35k

can you tell me what are my options for such a configuration? i am leaning towards denon 1612 for the AV receiver. i am resident in bangalore; would highly appreciate the outlets to check out for good deals.

thanks-
#madhu

I don't think you can get a good combo of AVR and floor stander in that budget. Denon 1612 is a good AVR, but will cost you around 25K leaving just 10K for floor stander. Instead of floor stander , consider book shelves.

Onkyo 3400 / Yamaha YHT series will be 25K to 35K range and they have 3 - 4 HDMI inputs but no floorstands, all satellites or small ones.

thanks for your inputs! i preferred investing on a good AVR considering future applications that i might to derive out of the same and i thought denon 1612 fit the bill perfectly.

what are your recommendations for a pair of FS that goes with denon but would not set me back too much on my budget? yamaha and jamo come to my mind.

thanks-
#madhu

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back