Setting up Living Room Home Theater in a Rented Apartment

sumitkpandit

Is there anyone else living in a rented appartment and have setup a living room home theater? How did you guys hang/mount all of the things?

I am planning to setup a home theater in my living room, but I live in a rented appartment. Now I want to go for a most basic 5.1.2 setup but to have everything perform best, I need to place things properly. And I am not sure if there is a owner friendly way to mount all these things at right place and how do you guys manage cables?

Surround Speakers - Those have to be on side walls about ear level in seated position. Do you guys use speaker stands or drill hole on wall to hang them? Do you use brackets of some sort to angle the speakers towards main listening position?

Projector - Most the places I get to see have concrete ceiling. How do you guys mount a projector in that case? Do you put a shelf on the back wall to keep projector on it? How do you run long range HDMI cable?

Projector Screen - Because I already have a TV, I want a retractable screen which can be pulled in front of my wall mounted TV for movie viewing. Do you guys hang it up from a concrete ceiling or use the wall and some kind of brackets?

Atmos Speakers - Like everything problematic to hang with ceiling, this one is the same.

How in this world am I supposed to make all this owner friendly? May be I can live without atmos speakers, but projector and screen are essentials. What are you guys doing? I need ideas.

A very important thread indeed. Just assure the owner that you will fix the drilling marks or any other wall damage due to drilling and wiring work.

Is there anyone else living in a rented appartment and have setup a living room home theater? How did you guys hang/mount all of the things?

I am planning to setup a home theater in my living room, but I live in a rented appartment. Now I want to go for a most basic 5.1.2 setup but to have everything perform best, I need to place things properly. And I am not sure if there is a owner friendly way to mount all these things at right place and how do you guys manage cables?

Surround Speakers - Those have to be on side walls about ear level in seated position. Do you guys use speaker stands or drill hole on wall to hang them? Do you use brackets of some sort to angle the speakers towards main listening position?

Projector - Most the places I get to see have concrete ceiling. How do you guys mount a projector in that case? Do you put a shelf on the back wall to keep projector on it? How do you run long range HDMI cable?

Projector Screen - Because I already have a TV, I want a retractable screen which can be pulled in front of my wall mounted TV for movie viewing. Do you guys hang it up from a concrete ceiling or use the wall and some kind of brackets?

Atmos Speakers - Like everything problematic to hang with ceiling, this one is the same.

How in this world am I supposed to make all this owner friendly? May be I can live without atmos speakers, but projector and screen are essentials. What are you guys doing? I need ideas.

Painting charges are applied irrespective of whether you drill or not. Have drilled holes in few of the apartments I lived in (owners did not have any reservation as they had a fixed charge for painting and maintenance of the house). For projector screen I have it mounted to the front wall using a wooden bracket support for hooking it , the projector in itself is hosted on a wooden stand mounted on the back wall top side. Atmos speaker drilling might cause issues , best to take owner approval for it else you can opt for upfiring atmos speakers which are not the best but are decent enough.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back