Sherwood Turntables

manua

Dear All,

Can you please guide me how good is Sherwood Turntables?Any idea?

The one in the picture below PM-9805

Features
Professional Quick-Start Hi-Fi Turntable
Designed for Analog Records with 33 and 45 RPM
Studio-Type Turntable with Massive Die-Cast Platter
Auto Return Function
Pitch Control 10%
Illuminated Strobe
Manual Tone Arm Function, Hydraulic Lowering Devic
Straight&Static Balanced Type Tone Arm
Anti-Skating with Counter Weight
Low-Mass S-Shaped Tone Arm with Standard Detachable Head Shell
Adjustable Skating Force Compensation
Stylus Pilot Light
Detachable Acrylic Dust Cover
Dimensions (W x H x D): 450 x 145 x 350mm
Weight: 5.2kg

Attachments

• pm_9805_w960.jpg
    pm_9805_w960.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Did you check Google? They would list a lot of reviews. TTs are not used by many these days so even inputs might be less.

I'm sorry cannot help more specifically since even I don't use my TT/Phono anymore. Hopefully some user on this forum will chip in so hang in and in the meanwhile check Google and other online reviews.

hi manua,

what's your budget? according i can suggest something. i don't know anything about the sherwood. can you say where you're planning to buy it from?

if you only want opinions on the turntable you've posted, from what you've posted the massive platter seems to be a good thing also the pitch control with illuminated strobe marks on the side will allow you to fix speed at 33rpm every time you play a record. how much is the price quoted? around 5-7k ought to be a good buy.

one thing if sherwoods are not made anymore or if they dont have a dealer here, repairing it might be a prob. though things rarely will go wrong and there is a tt repairer in coimbatore i think.

regards

hi manua,

what's your budget? according i can suggest something. i don't know anything about the sherwood. can you say where you're planning to buy it from?

if you only want opinions on the turntable you've posted, from what you've posted the massive platter seems to be a good thing also the pitch control with illuminated strobe marks on the side will allow you to fix speed at 33rpm every time you play a record. how much is the price quoted? around 5-7k ought to be a good buy.

one thing if sherwoods are not made anymore or if they dont have a dealer here, repairing it might be a prob. though things rarely will go wrong and there is a tt repairer in coimbatore i think.

regards[/QUOT

Dear Stevie

Could let me know the TT repairer in coimbatore........

regards
Srinivas.

hi vmscbe1974,

he has been widely quoted you'll have to go through a few posts to find him i'm sorry i havent' noted his details otherwise i'd have posted it for you here. someone, i cant remember who got his tt repaired. or was it chennai? i think i'll look too for future reference! :D

regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back