Shinco 49 inch 4k TV Review - S50QHDR10

pjgowtham

This is my first 4k tv purchase.

Previously owned 1080p, 720p TVs : Sony KDL55HX800, Sony 32R422E

Build quality - 8/10

The build quality is phenomenal for the price. The floor mounts were made of weightless metal, matte finished
The bezels were not bendy but not like of Sony's quality either. It's decent.
Software quality - 5/10

There is no "Software update" option. I cleared RAM with the help of inbuilt TV assistant software and that led to continuos FCs until I finally reset

Inbuilt smart TV - cannot handle 4k. Interface lags at times. Should probably handle 720p and 1080p content well. Even if they work flawlessly, I won't take a chance. I own MI box and it shows up to 4k 30hz.

Display - 9/10

Not pure blacks, nothing of OLED sorts. But, I certainly don't feel ther is much quality lost when I compared it with my previous owned TVs. Colors appear a tiny bit saturated compared to the Sony TVs. But then, it's not so bad at all. Noticeable only if carefully seen.

Package - 8/10

Went through Amazon India reviews for seller videotex. Most negative reviews were because of installation issues and damaged on arrival. Personally I felt the TV was so we'll packed.

Audio quality - 9.5/10

See my signature for the audio products I own. I prefer neutral sounds
It has an inbuilt sound bar and is damn amazing and decently dynamic.

Remote : 7/10

Black and White button prints is boring
Cluttered buttons
Button placement could be improved
Will test air mouse and report back

The TV requires external stabilizer . Source - techibeez.

Interface - 7.5/10

Nothing of cheap sorts. Pretty minimal and sufficient

Value - 10/10

Extremely satisfied. I wish I had few iffalcon, Vu TVs to compare. But sadly I don't. I recommend it for budget TVs below 50k. I tried this new brand only because of Amazon's return policies.

To do list :

Check 1080p 60hz video
Air mouse functionality
IR blaster

Last edited:
This is my first 4k tv purchase.

Previously owned 1080p, 720p TVs : Sony KDL55HX800, Sony 32R422E

Build quality - 8/10

The build quality is phenomenal for the price. The floor mounts were made of weightless metal, matte finished
The bezels were not bendy but not like of Sony's quality either. It's decent.
Software quality - 5/10

There is no "Software update" option. I cleared RAM with the help of inbuilt TV assistant software and that led to continuos FCs until I finally reset

Inbuilt smart TV - cannot handle 4k. Interface lags at times. Should probably handle 720p and 1080p content well. Even if they work flawlessly, I won't take a chance. I own MI box and it shows up to 4k 30hz.

Display - 9/10

Not pure blacks, nothing of OLED sorts. But, I certainly don't feel ther is much quality lost when I compared it with my previous owned TVs. Colors appear a tiny bit saturated compared to the Sony TVs. But then, it's not so bad at all. Noticeable only if carefully seen.

Package - 8/10

Went through Amazon India reviews for seller videotex. Most negative reviews were because of installation issues and damaged on arrival. Personally I felt the TV was so we'll packed.

Audio quality - 9.5/10

See my signature for the audio products I own. I prefer neutral sounds
It has an inbuilt sound bar and is damn amazing and decently dynamic.

Remote : 7/10

Black and White button prints is boring
Cluttered buttons
Button placement could be improved
Will test air mouse and report back

The TV requires external stabilizer . Source - techibeez.

Interface - 7.5/10

Nothing of cheap sorts. Pretty minimal and sufficient

Value - 10/10

Extremely satisfied. I wish I had few iffalcon, Vu TVs to compare. But sadly I don't. I recommend it for budget TVs below 50k. I tried this new brand only because of Amazon's return policies.

To do list :

Check 1080p 60hz video
Air mouse functionality
IR blaster
Does you tv HDMI supports HDCP 2.2??

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back