Should I buy a Cosmic LAB 5000 Amplifier for 4500/-

Today on 18th Nov 2021 bought a cosmic lab 5000 for 10k very nicely maintained . I'm n my 30s my dad owned lab 3000 and 4000 all went to scrap shops after his demise. He was a cosmic lover. even I was very young to safe guard those pieces of jems. Was really not sure for how much he bought these cosmic amps. Now owning one my dad would be happy if he was around. Mis him
Can some post the exact watts per channel.
The Cosmic Lab 3000 claimed 30 Watts RMS per channel,
&
the Cosmic Lab 5000 claimed 50 Watts RMS per channel

In their day, these were the 2 most powerful Indian manufactured Audio Integrated amplifiers, along with the NOVA 101 (30 Watts RMS per Channel) and the Nova 201 (50 Watts RMS per channel). Pulz Amplifiers came in later.

The Nova amps were Far superior, technically and audibly, but were less known

Last edited:
The Cosmic Lab 3000 claimed 30 Watts RMS per channel,
&
the Cosmic Lab 5000 claimed 50 Watts RMS per channel

In their day, these were the 2 most powerful Indian manufactured Audio Integrated amplifiers, along with the NOVA 101 (30 Watts RMS per Channel) and the Nova 201 (50 Watts RMS per channel). Pulz Amplifiers came in later.

The Nova amps were Far superior, technically and audibly, but were less known
Hi sir, let me know s it good buy for 10k because heard it's a failure model from cosmic.

The Cosmic Lab 3000 or 5000 will perform Very poorly when compared to even budget amplifiers of today. To me they are Certainly not worth Ts 10,000 today, based on their sound quality.

If someone is interested in them for Nostalgia value, then maybe a Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 price tag may be appropriate.

YMMV

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back