Should I buy a DAC?

Didn't go for the upgrade. I don't have an expensive set up. So doesn't make sense to spend any more than absolutely necessary

Thanks everyone for the quick response.

A good part of my collection is 320kbps mp3 files. So what I understand is it might make a significant SQ difference if I use a USB DAC like dragonfly or schiit modi.

BTW, I do have a lot of old CDs, especially western classical. So the 6003 player may not be a bad idea :-$

Yes , True . It improves the quality . Go for either one of it . You will not regret

Hi,
I have Denon1713 with KEF Q300.
This denon 1713 is only amplifier or DAC also?
I have panasonic Blue ray player.
Whether addition od external DAC will make difference to SQ?
Audio is Hindi, Marathi flac.
If yes, suggest good DAC around Rs 8-10k.
Regards,

The Denon 1713 has a DAC inside, but it is configured to be used only internally
Meaning you cant connect your ipod or laptop

Last edited:
But I think there is no point you investing a DAC if you are still going to listen to MP3 music. Playing MP3 via a 50K DAC is like watching old B&W movie on a 100 inch plasma TV

As diesel mentioned, it depends on the quality of source files. Also a major portion of the sound depends on the DAC ckt implementation...

You could look for Schiit Bifrost w/Uber around 600$....one of the best sounding DACs i have ever listened for that price

You could also look out for Wyred 4 sound DAC-1 LE for <1000$....

https://wyred4sound.com/products/digital-converters/dac-1-le-limited-edition

Also there was a 20% black friday deal

Black Friday sale -- save 20% on Wyred 4 Sound gear! Plus Wyred 4 Sound news and more.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back