Should I buy Made in China Tube Phono Stage

Kapeel

Hi,

I am just getting into the vinyl world and wanted some guidance around phono stage to buy. Originally I planned to buy the Schiit Mani for all its good reviews, unfortunately it is not in stock right now. I have more or less made up my mind to buy the Rega Planar 3.

I also have picked up the DIY board from FM, but have decided against going the DIY route for my first listening experience.

While there are very good reviews for Clear Audio Nano (tad bit expensive in India) I also read good reviews on Yaqin MS -23B or the Little Bear T11 6N2 which are far more inexpensive even with tube rolling a few months down the line.

My budget is about 30k, any suggestions will be very appreciated.

You could look at the Hagerman Bugle 3 , which though a opamp based phono , but very neutral in signature and has capability of load modification through switches for almost any mm or mc cart.
Available here :

or you could get in touch with me.

Thanks

The Chinese tube stuff is very good. The t10 had some hum and shielding issues which are fixed in the t11. Only weak links are the stock tubes, which you can upgrade anyway.
I have a little bear p3 and a fx audio tube 01, and they are astounding value and quality, and the best bet IMO for your budget

Actually I missed to add, I am also considering the Lyrita/ Swara tube phono preamp. How do they compare against the Yaqin MS -23B and Little Bear T11 6N2 ? I have read rave reviews of the Lyrita preamp.

The Swara preamp falls bang with-in my budget, I also wouldn't have wait for delivery from China, Customs hassle etc.

Last edited:
Try the EAR 834p clone available on eBay or aliexpress sites by the seller Dougmall and this is tube phonostage. This is very good and get the kit change the coupling caps to some good quality Russian PIO and you are good to go for many years.

Thanks

Actually I missed to add, I am also considering the Lyrita/ Swara tube phono preamp. How do they compare against the Yaqin MS -23B and Little Bear T11 6N2 ? I have read rave reviews of the Lyrita preamp.

The Swara preamp falls bang with-in my budget, I also wouldn't have wait for delivery from China, Customs hassle etc.
I don't recall seeing AP selling a Swara phono preamp. They have preamps but not a phono IIRC.

AP does not have any phono stage in their repertoire at present. The one being mentioned is a Swara preamp. They have a tube buffer though.

Hi,

I am just getting into the vinyl world and wanted some guidance around phono stage to buy. Originally I planned to buy the Schiit Mani for all its good reviews, unfortunately it is not in stock right now. I have more or less made up my mind to buy the Rega Planar 3.

I also have picked up the DIY board from FM, but have decided against going the DIY route for my first listening experience.

While there are very good reviews for Clear Audio Nano (tad bit expensive in India) I also read good reviews on Yaqin MS -23B or the Little Bear T11 6N2 which are far more inexpensive even with tube rolling a few months down the line.

My budget is about 30k, any suggestions will be very appreciated.
Welcome to the wonderful world of vinyls.
I have Creek Audio and Hagerman Bugle 3 phonos, both sparingly used and lying unused since a while. Both within your budget. Pm if interested.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back