should i buy new projector lamp or??????

manu4panjab

hey brothers

should i buy pl or upgrade to 1080p projector

right now i have sony vpl aw 15 projector

i used it especially for xbox 360 and little bit of english movies but mainly video games

hey brothers

should i buy pl or upgrade to 1080p projector

right now i have sony vpl aw 15 projector

i used it especially for xbox 360 and little bit of english movies but mainly video games

• first change your receiver or receiver + multichannel amplifier
  • then use a sound engineer to set your environment and placement right for speakers, subwoofer etc.
  • use good quality speaker wires and interconnects
  • then look at PQ of sony vplaw15 - if you got 1.5lakhs to spend after that go for HD80 optoma.......great projector or hitachi short throw projector aroudn the same pric (do not remember the model number though)

• first change your receiver or receiver + multichannel amplifier
  • then use a sound engineer to set your environment and placement right for speakers, subwoofer etc.
  • use good quality speaker wires and interconnects
  • then look at PQ of sony vplaw15 - if you got 1.5lakhs to spend after that go for HD80 optoma.......great projector or hitachi short throw projector aroudn the same pric (do not remember the model number though)

:eek:hyeah: bro i was just asked for my projector question and you wrote so many advise :D

i like that :cool:

Manu, the nice super rich man, after you buy 1080p, then within 2 years in a phased manner there will be 1200p, 1400p, 1600p, 1800p, 2000p, so there is no limit to upgrade, so i think it is better to remain with 720p, i think we should use expensive gadget aggressively for at least 4/5 years, then go for a change.

Vinay.

since you stay on the cutting edge of technology - i do suggest the 1080p projector - optoma hd80 - bang for the buck. You can try infocus x10 too - but the optoma is more user friendly and got more customization options.

Manu, the nice super rich man, after you buy 1080p, then within 2 years in a phased manner there will be 1200p, 1400p, 1600p, 1800p, 2000p, so there is no limit to upgrade, so i think it is better to remain with 720p, i think we should use expensive gadget aggressively for at least 4/5 years, then go for a change.

Vinay.

:signthankspin: bro i'm not that much rich though :)

brother panasonic too got superb reviews

bhai apna deemag lagao kabhi......hows is the service where you stay....you can get an optoma bulb easily here in India but how about panasonic.

Aur take reviews with a pinch of salt - i have worked in marketing before and I know so many publications (some are respected in the business world, online world, mainstream who actually take money and write positive for you).

bhai apna deemag lagao kabhi......hows is the service where you stay....you can get an optoma bulb easily here in India but how about panasonic.

Aur take reviews with a pinch of salt - i have worked in marketing before and I know so many publications (some are respected in the business world, online world, mainstream who actually take money and write positive for you).

:thumbsup: what is the price of optoma hd80

Panasonic's PT AE3000 is a very good projector but a little expensive right now because of being just launched whereas if you can cut a good deal on its outgoing model i.e PT AE 2000 then you would be more then happy with its preformance, as for the replacement lamps they are easily availiable with all Panasonic Projector Dealers also you can buy it online anytime. The link to the site is Smart Imports :: Projector Lamps :: Panasonic ET-LAE1000
I happen to have a Panasonic PT AE1000E and its too good with its 1080P performance and life like imaging.

Hi Manu,

I'm using the same pj (AWL 10, same thing without the lens shift) and have tried HD 80 but I'm still sticking to my ol' sony. I don't use Blu-Rays and that can be the only reason to shift.

I use the following,

Tata Sky, 720p Movies from my mac, DVD playback, Xbox, computer

and 720p gives a good balance for everything. I don't know if you watch TV on your pj but it's gets bad on the 1080p ones. Xbox might improve (But I found the difference minimal), DVD will remain essentially the same.

Acc. to me, its not time yet to move to a 1080p one, not untill Blu becomes mainstream and India gets real HD TV.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back