Should i upgrade my HT ???

Just called Grand Cinema and spoke to them.... The SW150 is 21000 now :sad:

all the prices seem to have gone up drastically :sad:

@madhuballram- I am sorry ..i have no clue about WD TV.. can you please enlighten me on this ??

Thanks Sushanth. I was surprised to see Wharfedale SW150 at 16.5K.

Regards,
Prakash.

@madbullram- Should this be connected to the AVR? wont it be a tedious process to first store any new DVD into this and then play it rather than play it directly from the DVDp

@prakasse- Also got a quote of 11000 for Wharfedale WH2 centre and surround.. Any idea if these are any good? I have not heard these... but they seem complete VFM.... any idea about their performance ...

In my opinion Wharfedale WH2 centre and surround would not be a big upgrade from your current setup.

WH-surround is good and it's dipole. So you will see a difference from the current setup.

For the center i would recommend you to go for cc or cs model. In the HT system the center speaker is very important as this is the plays the most active part. However i would suggest you to take an audition. Spec wise the difference is not big.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Thanks for the reply.. I will definitely have an audition for the same and also the other mentioned model... I was thinking of getting Onkyo 506 and then making this purchase...I know 506 wont sound so musical but they seem to be gud with movies.... Later on i will just go ahead and get a CDP/ AMP....

any suggestions on the 506.. also if possible let me know of any other brands within the same budget range... I think i can forgo HD audio and Video upscaling for now... will be connecting the DVDP directly to the panny (HDMI) and will use a co-ax or opt for the sound.... So will 506 or any other model serve the purpose...i am quite sure this should be ok till the next 2 years...

@madbullram- Should this be connected to the AVR? wont it be a tedious process to first store any new DVD into this and then play it rather than play it directly from the DVDp

1. Yes, the HDMI will be connected to your PV8 for picture and digital audio to the AVR for sound.

2. Yes it is a tedious process, NO DOUBT, but its nice to back up DVDs, trust me I lost my entire DVD collection while transporting and I still cry about it. Also, once you go through tedious process, imagine the joy of having all 400 movies in one Hard Drive and able to access anythign at a flip of remote.

:) Just a suggestion,

Plus you can also play HD movies and FLAC music files :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back