Show off Your CD Player!

Voltage is 100. I'm using a 150w step-down from MX. I also have a Klark Tecknik Equalizer of 100v. Run both of them from the step-down.
I know I should not stack like that. Looking for a server cabinet with fan for the entire system. The 42" ones.

Might not match the rest in vintage. But I love it all the same :).

Apart from being a CD/ Sacd player. It is also my main dac and preamp. Feeding my power amps directly. Probably the singular best purchase of my life...And a big thanks to @ONEMANARMY View attachment 42930 for parting with it on my behalf :)

Iam away from home and don't have any other pics. So I might be showing my power amps in the pic also :D
Wow Super Setup...

Philips CD940 that I purchased recently. Since all the source files were in HDD, I was hesitant to get a CD player and build CD collection around it. The convenience factor prevented me venturing into this area.

High praise for CDs everywhere, kept annoying me, and I wanted to try.
My initial plan was to look out for low priced DVD players that I can use as a transport with my outboard DAC. But when this unit appeared for sale locally, I decided to take the step.

Its still surprising for me that, in just a few days of listening to the CD player, my views have changed and I now prefer CDs for sit, relax and listen kind of music.

IMG-20200611-WA0013.jpg

Its still surprising for me that, in just a few days of listening to the CD player, my views have changed and I now prefer CDs for sit, relax and listen kind of music.
Congratulations! She looks beautiful. Wishing you countless hours of CD bliss ! :cool:

Philips CD940 that I purchased recently. Since all the source files were in HDD, I was hesitant to get a CD player and build CD collection around it. The convenience factor prevented me venturing into this area.

My initial plan was to look out for low priced DVD players that I can use as a transport with my outboard DAC. But when this unit appeared for sale locally, I decided to take the step.

View attachment 46307
My existing CDP has stopped working and the available ones in market is not appealing.
Would you please suggest where to look for vintage CDP's.

My existing CDP has stopped working and the available ones in market is not appealing.
I have found the CDP locally posted in olx. The seller was kind enough to bring the player to my house so I could listen. Finding a vintage product in working condition requires a lot of search effort and patience. Approaching these vintage stuffs based on immediate need alone may badly disappoint unless we are lucky to find a fully functioning product. These products, particularly CDPs are prone to laser and other associated transport problems, so wait for a sale post to appear or grab if anyone from your known circle sells it. Olx could be a hit or miss.

if its the transport, repairing it may be better than buying a new one! What model is it ? what is the problem you are facing?

if its the transport, repairing it may be better than buying a new one! What model is it ? what is the problem you are facing?
Well it was Marantz SA7001. The CDP has hopped a few service centre and finally it was confirmed that the DAC is faulty and no spare parts are available. One centre checked it and told me that they can repair it for 19K without any warranty.
I decided not to proceed considering the total money spent and the forthcoming required investment.

I dont want to go for CDT since it would mean venturing into the DAC domain which would unnecessarily complicate the sonic chain.

Why have you collected so many CD players.
upgraditis...;)
I always keep one player spare as backup, just in case.
Apart from Arcam, the CD6005 is an up gradation of CD6003.
Might let go of it.

Congrats Hydrovac. Wow that's quite a collection of CD players. Out of the lot which one sounds the best ?
Thanks Nitin...
My favorite for CDs is Arcam Delta and USB playback CD6005.

upgraditis...;)
I always keep one player spare as backup, just in case.
Apart from Arcam, the CD6005 is an up gradation of CD6003.
Might let go of it.

Thanks Nitin...
My favorite for CDs is Arcam Delta and USB playback CD6005.

Thats great. I have the CD 6006 UK edition . Great sound but does not read few tracks as reliably as the Pioneer BDP 180. Have had 3 Pioneer's before including the BDP whose reading lens was great & would rarely miss any track.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back